A new record

Started by Michael Rolls, November 01, 2023, 05:37:27 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

it's been pitch black outside for quite a while. Watching a film, put it on pause when my sister-in-law phoned, had quite a long chat, resumed the film, which has just finished and thought I suppose I should think on getting ready for bed - looked at my watch - HALF PAST FIVE!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

The days go too quickly for me so I'm the opposite !   I don't get up until late though, so perhaps that's the difference.  Before I know it it's 7pm and time to find a film  :grin:

klondike

Despite being entirely independent of the time shown by the clock the recent change has messed me up. Despite going to bed as late as I can without nodding off I am still waking too early. I fared a bit better this morning so hope I can get back to waking up at a more reasonable time to fit into the sort of waking hours by the clock which I prefer.

Michael Rolls

I'm just about back in sync with GMT - despite the OP
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I'm not. Watched TV in bed before I got up.

Ashy

I'd prefer to keep summer time all the year.

klondike

Double summer time for me. My bedroom faces west but I still need blackout curtains. Who the hell needs it to be light at 4:00am in the summer? The winter nights are crap no matter what time they start or when it gets dark.

JBR

All this moaning about things being too bright.

You should all do what I do:
close your eyelids.  They keep the light out, you know.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

Early morning on a summers day.. Nothing better .. :clap:
I am not too keen on dark mornings and evenings.. But It soon passes.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Quote from: klondike on November 02, 2023, 09:35:44 AMDouble summer time for me. My bedroom faces west but I still need blackout curtains. Who the hell needs it to be light at 4:00am in the summer? The winter nights are crap no matter what time they start or when it gets dark.

Eye Mask.  :smiley:

klondike

Couldn't use one. I'd forget and think the fuses had blown when I  went on my nightly comfort break.

I bet it's earlier than 4 for you in summer....

Ashy

Apparently that was the point of daylight saving as advocated by William Willett - that many people slept through hours of good daylight because it came too early. Then during the wars, the politicians (both in England and Germany) realised that millions of tons of coal could be saved by having lighter evenings.

Mr Willett died before daylight saving was introduced.