Advice Needed

Started by Alex, November 01, 2023, 12:14:53 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I'm thinking of getting a dehumidifier for my place but there are so many out there and different types I'm now confused - easy for me.  My kitchen is a bit damp in winter, sometimes a musty smell first thing.  A neighbour thought perhaps it was from the floors which are wooden.  I don't get this in the summer.

Anyway, I decided to get a dehumidifier as this would help (I'm told) also when drying washing indoors.
So far I've looked at Pro - Breeze, Aribo, Humizap all 12 or 20 litres and around £150 mark.

Firstly does anyone already have one and how would I work out which one would be best for my needs ?
Thanks  :upvote: 

Michael Rolls

how big is your kitchen - I have one for the workshop cost about £85 20 years ago and one for the motorhome 7 years ago from B&Q for £53. The workshop is about 23'x15'. the motorhome about half that. The main thing is to check how many air changes per hour they quote, and what volume of room at which they are aimed - if they don't quote both those figures - ignore.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

My kitchen was 2 small rooms and is 17ft x 12ft roughly, which is why I can get away with a wall of clocks :grin:  I couldnt see any reference to air changes per hour but I'm a bit thick with appliances, so I think perhaps I'll ask my next door neighbour he's pretty up on electricals  :smiley:

thanks for replying Mike  :upvote: 

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

I've got my dehumidifier ! it's plugged and switched on, now I just have to work out how to use it  :yay:  :yay:
I bought it from Tool Statiion so if anything goes wrong I can return it there, easier than Amazon.

dextrous63

Am really interested in how well it works (especially for laundry purposes).  Please keep us appraised. 😊

Alex

I'll try !   I'm a bit confused why there's a fan blowing and why I can hear water trickling sometimes.  The digital panel said 71 when I switched it on, it now says 58 that's about an hour and a half. It must be doing something  :grin:   

Raven

Scrumpy

Alex.. Your kitchen is the same size as mine.. I do not have a dining room.. and I only have one clock in the kitchen..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 03, 2023, 05:51:00 PMAlex.. Your kitchen is the same size as mine.. I do not have a dining room.. and I only have one clock in the kitchen..

aaah but you're not a collector of clocks Scrumpy   :cool:

dextrous63

Quote from: Alex on November 03, 2023, 05:17:17 PMI'll try !  I'm a bit confused why there's a fan blowing and why I can hear water trickling sometimes.  The digital panel said 71 when I switched it on, it now says 58 that's about an hour and a half. It must be doing something  :grin: 
Have you ever seen Goldfinger?

Alex

Alex

Quote from: dextrous63 on November 03, 2023, 04:53:51 PMAm really interested in how well it works (especially for laundry purposes).  Please keep us appraised. 😊

This is certainly helping to dry the washing Dex, the kitchen feels warm too, even with no heating on.