Shetland.

Started by Raven, October 31, 2023, 08:59:55 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

The new series starts tomorrow if anyone is interested. BBC1 9pm with the new detective in place. Don't know how I feel about her taking Jimmy's place, but I will watch it.

https://www.whattowatch.com/watching-guides/shetland-season-8-new-detective-cast-plot-and-everything-we-know

dextrous63

Same here.  I guess that there was only so much they could do with Jimmy's character without it becoming too dour and repetitive.

At least they didn't get Nicola Walker to take on the role, playing her usual Nicola Walker character of Nicola Walker using a different name.

Alex

This is disappointing, surely they could have found another handsome Scotsman to take Douglas Henshall's place  ?
I'm getting my 'Jimmy' fix on Netflix at the moment as I'm watching a series called Who Is Erin Carter and Jimmy is in it. :smiley:

Raven

I would have liked to see Ewan McGregor or David Tennant in the part.

Alex

I like Gerard Butler but I guess he's too ' Hollywood' now.

Ian Glen  ?  😎

klondike

Is the new one a black lesbian?

Ah checked the pic. Not black then. I guess we'll find out if the other box got ticked later.

I'll download and watch them when it's complete.

dextrous63

Ken Bruce has got a few years left in him.

GrannyMac

I like Ashley Jenson, she was in Extras.  I like Shetland, will give it a go.  Currently watching Payback, set in Edinburgh.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

Yes, I can stream it here, an excellent series.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Ruthio

I'm looking forward to it 👍 

Raven

I loved it from the very first episode. It felt a bit like home to me in a way as I originate from the Isles, I know most of Shetland through our visits there and recognise a lot of the places they filmed in. Where Jimmy's house was I know it well and have sat on that wall with my latte watching the ocean.

Raven

Just watched the first episode as we recorded it. Wasn't sure but was pleasantly surprised, I enjoyed it after all.

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I don't like the waits betwen episodes. I'll start watching once it's done.

Ruthio

Watching episode 1 this evening ✔