Cheapo Airbnb

Started by dextrous63, October 29, 2023, 05:46:21 PM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

Some friends gave me a voucher for £60 for my recent 60th birthday for Airbnb.  Now I'm well aware that this isn't going to pay for a week in Honolulu and that I'll have to top it up.  Any ideas/experiences of anywhere you know of that might help?  Ideally we want to just have a couple of nights away somewhere within a range of 100 miles or so of Manchester.

Scrumpy

That's an interesting present.. 
I have no idea about Manchester and the surrounding areas..  I don't think you have to go very far .. Just somewhere different from what you see daily..
Our family go away around March time. Just for a couple of nights.. We usually pop down to Brighton ( 30miles)..We all put money in the pot and see what we can find..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 29, 2023, 05:54:54 PMThat's an interesting present..
I have no idea about Manchester and the surrounding areas..  I don't think you have to go very far .. Just somewhere different from what you see daily..
Our family go away around March time. Just for a couple of nights.. We usually pop down to Brighton ( 30miles)..We all put money in the pot and see what we can find..

Can we join in?  Don't mind going the extra mile(s) if needs be😉

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on October 29, 2023, 05:46:21 PMSome friends gave me a voucher for £60 for my recent 60th birthday for Airbnb.  Now I'm well aware that this isn't going to pay for a week in Honolulu and that I'll have to top it up.  Any ideas/experiences of anywhere you know of that might help?  Ideally we want to just have a couple of nights away somewhere within a range of 100 miles or so of Manchester.
£100 would certainly take you into God's County.
I can't think of anywhere better.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

GrannyMac

York is great for a couple of days.  I like Harrogate too.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

another vote for York - Veronica and I had a very enjoyable few days there years ago. I don't know if the Jorvik experience is still on the go, but if so it is very much worth a visit
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Lots to do in Chester and Liverpool and not too far away.  Harrogate is lovely, I only had a day there but I'd go back.

p.s.  At 60 I'd guess you're the youngest member Dex  !   Gawd at a push I could be your Mum.....what a worrying thought  :yell:

Dex just noticed you've posted this on the mother ship and Valerian has given a link she found on line  for Chester.  I wouldn't go with this place if I were you.  It's a long walk into the city,  plus is on a bus route to one of the "iffy" areas of Chester.