pressing and ironing,

Started by alfred, January 19, 2022, 07:05:53 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

Does any one press their skirts , trousers,  or even jeans, of course other garments only need  ironing which for some include bed sheets, pillow cases some even towels , or tea towels, so its horses for courses,

Q; so when it comes down to it , so what hints or tips can you give us when it comes to ironing ,

Raven

All I iron is Shirts, blouses, and T. Shirts.

zoony

Quote from: alfred on January 19, 2022, 07:05:53 PM

Q; so when it comes down to it , so what hints or tips can you give us when it comes to ironing ,

Life's too short.

crabbyob

its great to hear 'pressing' mentioned....the big old wooden press... funnily enough clothes cupboards in my part of Scotland were called 'Presses'

zoony

I remember singing "Dashing away with a smoothing-iron.." though little else of the song..

Alex

I HATE IRONING  :angry: so I don't do much.  Never iron duvet covers or sheets, but I do the pillowcases.  My jeans are always folded and stuck on the radiator so no ironing there, unless the bottoms need doing..... :cool:

Jacqueline

I iron as little as possible, I too hate ironing.  I also hate crumpled clothes though so do iron stuff that shows, like you Alex  I iron pillowcases but nothing else.

My mum used to iron dads underware and socks, shirts looked amazing, I haven't inherited mums ironing skills, nor cleaning skills.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: crabbyob on January 19, 2022, 10:03:10 PM
its great to hear 'pressing' mentioned....the big old wooden press... funnily enough clothes cupboards in my part of Scotland were called 'Presses'

We had a lobby press (hall cupboard) for the non Scots.   :smiley:

Pillowslips, shirts, tops and occasionally sweaters get ironed. I watch tv at the same time, I don't mind it.  I don't miss the school uniforms though, and have no idea why anyone would iron towels or socks!

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

I - very grudgingly - iron shirts (unless I can persuade myself a particular shirt doesn't need it). Nothing else except pillow slips
Mike  [2080]
[email protected]

Sheila

Paul is much better at ironing than I am.  He ends up with a neat pile of perfectly ironed rectangles!  I do all the washing though as I know he wouldn't separate coloured from whites. 

Scrumpy

I hate ironing and don't even have an ironing board..
If something needs an iron over it I stick a sheet down on the landing floor and quickly pass the iron over it.. Usually pillowcases..

Way back my mum used to iron tea towels.. knickers..  the lot..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Why would you iron pillowcases? One night and they'll be creased.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: klondike on January 20, 2022, 08:57:43 AM
You're tempting me
Mike  :yay: :yay:
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on January 20, 2022, 08:57:43 AM

Cos they make the bed look as if all the linen has been ironed..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..