Dash Cam

Started by Alex, October 09, 2023, 10:29:17 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Such a sad accident at the weekend, Police have appealed for witnesses after two horses were killed following a collision on the M25 in Enfield.

A dark-coloured VW Touran collided with a horse box being towed by a van between junctions 24 and 25 at about 8.50am on Saturday, October 7.

The horse box, which was carrying two five-month-old foals, overturned. The driver of the car left the scene.

One of the foals was killed in the collision and the other had to be put down due to injuries it had sustained.

I do hope someone travelling at the same time has dash cam footage and the police find this heartless driver.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on October 09, 2023, 10:29:17 AMSuch a sad accident at the weekend, Police have appealed for witnesses after two horses were killed following a collision on the M25 in Enfield.

A dark-coloured VW Touran collided with a horse box being towed by a van between junctions 24 and 25 at about 8.50am on Saturday, October 7.

The horse box, which was carrying two five-month-old foals, overturned. The driver of the car left the scene.

One of the foals was killed in the collision and the other had to be put down due to injuries it had sustained.

I do hope someone travelling at the same time has dash cam footage and the police find this heartless driver.
I sincerely hope so too.
If he (or she?) is caught, I hope that they throw the book at him.  Unfortunately, we don't seem to punish criminals these days.  We 'try to help them'!  😢
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

absolutely unforgiveable
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

The driver should have stopped to help & I suppose everyone's assuming, therefore, that the crash was his / her fault which it may or may not have been, unless the report has stated that it was which would be helpful to know.

Personally I don't think a trailer, swaying all over the road, is a suitable way to transport horses.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

All the towed horseboxes I've noticed seemed to be quite stable. Not all owners can afford a separate vehicle for transporting them. 

Without any detail of what happened it's impossible to draw any conclusions - even whether or not the car struck or was hit by the horsebox at all.

Alex

Doesn't matter who was at fault, he/she should have stopped.  My thoughts are he/she didn't stop because they were at fault.

klondike

It's possible that they weren't aware or even existed. Without any evidence other than what the driver whose horsebox tipped over for some reason said we can't even be sure any other vehicle was involved.

I have seen a big 4x4 towing a trailer join a dual carriageway too fast and the rig swerved all over the road. By some miracle it hit nothing and ended up on the central reservation facing the wrong way. These things do happen.

Alex

They weren't aware ?  I think I'd see a bloody horse box turning over beside me, or in my mirror.

klondike

There is no evidence what happened at all. Was another vehicle even involved? You simply don't know and nor do the police which is why they are asking for witnesses.

It is quite possible that there was another vehicle involved which didn't stop. It is also possible that the horsebox tipped over through bad driving and another vehicle was invented to avoid a prosecution.

I have no idea which scenario is true even if something entirely different happened. I will say that it isn't easy to topple a trailer in straight line travel.

Alex

"There is no evidence what happened at all. Was another vehicle even involved? You simply don't know and nor do the police which is why they are asking for witnesses "

Are you suggesting the horse driver made up the dark coloured VW Touran ? 

klondike

Are you suggesting there is some concrete evidence it existed?

The chances are it did but as I said initially without details of exactly what happened no conclusion can be reached.

Alex

The police released details of the VW Touran, they should really have asked you about it Klondy  :rolleyes:  :cool:  :grin:  :zzz:  :worried:  :yahoo:

klondike

I'm not saying there was no van. What I'm saying is that without other witnesses or some camera evidence all they have is the word of those towing the horsebox.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on October 10, 2023, 11:15:53 AM"There is no evidence what happened at all. Was another vehicle even involved? You simply don't know and nor do the police which is why they are asking for witnesses "

Are you suggesting the horse driver made up the dark coloured VW Touran ? 
The VW may have been in the vicinity but that doesn't mean it was involved.

I certainly wouldn't stop if I saw an accident in which I wasn't involved.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

If it was safe to stop I would have in the past, maybe not at this age though.