O'h no Boris..!!

Started by Scrumpy, January 19, 2022, 08:57:28 AM

« previous - next »

crabbyob

plus i hope Boris has the balls to remind the yank about their reply to our request for refuelling during our problems in the south atlantic, when they decide to buildup their bombers in jolly old England !!!

klondike

Quote from: crabbyob on January 21, 2022, 09:39:15 AM
i feel somewhat aprehensive about the posturing about the Ukrain.... the US president ellect has dark history with that part of the world, i thoink his son might have been the instigator for the Ukraining gas theft?
Yes I think I read something along those lines. He is a bit more than President elect now though he is POTUS  may the Lord help us or Odin or any of them come to that. Every little helps.

Jacqueline

Quote from: Alex on January 20, 2022, 02:31:19 PM
So you think this is a more important topic than the Government's failure to handle the relentless stream of young men arriving on our shores  ?

That's my main concern too, that and the cost of living hikes.  Bugger the garden parties, they could have partied and Hokeycokeyed all night up and down Downing Street and I wouldn't care so long as they put a stop to the invasion.

Just a question, why are we so concerned about Russia invading Ukraine when our shores are being invaded every day? makes no sense to me.  Maybe if Putin tells Ukraine the Russians needs asylum and are being persecuted they are free to walk in, seems to be how it works?

Alex

Quote from: Jacqueline on January 21, 2022, 10:15:44 AM

Just a question, why are we so concerned about Russia invading Ukraine when our shores are being invaded every day? makes no sense to me.  Maybe if Putin tells Ukraine the Russians needs asylum and are being persecuted they are free to walk in, seems to be how it works?

Good point Jacq  :upvote:

klondike

It is a point but I'm not 100% sure an entirely good one. I think Putin invading Ukraine has the potential to cause us more harm than hundreds crossing the channel daily. If "they" are to be believed then all that is happening is those who were smuggling themselves into lorries and potentially dieng are now getting into dinghies instead and potentially dieing instead. What is needed is to reduce the incentive to come here. How do we do that? I have no real idea.

Alex

A touch of irony from Jacq  :grin:
I agree with her.  Why ARE we up in arms about Russia invading another country ? Why can't we keep our noses out - the Germans are, they have gas reasons of course, but I don't see the French sending weapons to Ukraine or anyone else for that matter - or have I missed something ?.

klondike

I imagine if they do our glorious leaders will be poking their noses in as usual and making the world a more dangerous place.

crabbyob

i just hope when the yanks call, he tells them we will supply the planes this time, and they can supply the body-bags... friendly fire my ass... we dont want to be withing a hundred miles of anywhere the yanks are bombing...