Kidnapped by EV.

Started by Raven, October 04, 2023, 04:31:12 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Poor Guy, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read it, but it could have ended very badly.  :shh:
Bloody EVs, we were discussing them at the pool this morning, Not one person wanted to get one.  :upvote:

BBC News - 'I was kidnapped by my runaway electric car'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-67005620

klondike

I'll comment just say I read it but really can't say much about it at all. Very odd.

Cassandra

I believe the 'Wright Brothers' experienced similar problems with their early and admittedly rushed prototypes. Why do people buy the bloody things - apart from virtual signalling, or being forced into it by the heavily propagandised advertising, coalescing with 'Nett Zero' Gov't 'prompt' announcements.

Here, their not at all popular, but in the soporific 'Green' states, like California or NY they sell to the rich, who quickly discover they run out of charge so fast that a 400 mile trip can take 2 days to complete. Quickly they seem to utilise them as shopping carts, or golf trolleys and 'secretly revert' to their dependable petrol and diesel vehicles again.

Already mobile 'short charge-up' rescue units are extorting fearsome rates to attend these stricken hideosities. One charges $1000 minimum charge for giving you about 50 miles of fizz, a fat lot of good in the middle of a desert! Their typical invoice is over double that figure for a 100 mile, flat bed recovery. Of course the 'ungodly', mainly drug crazed gangs posing as 'cheap' recovery agents are already targeting stranded old folks and lady drivers in remote areas - with horrible consequences of extortion and worse, as you can imagine.

Read only yesterday of where one 'do-gooder' who spouted about how good his ton of Lithium was, ended up stuck twix Palm Springs and Blythe (120 miles). Americans consume  air con everywhere at about 17C, benignly thinking their Greenwonders will go as far as a traditional car, which of course they don't, indeed the range is halved, more at night with lights on of course. Out to the rescue came Mr re-charge bandit, who gulped a quick $1500 dollars to 'Refuel' the 'ever-ready' blancmange mold electric wonder. The next day 'Mr Green' tried to set off to a charging pod, to find his battery and CPU etc etc had been fried by a bodger bandit (cost to repair his 2 month old MG soap dish, circa $20,000), "velly solly, you bugger up charging rules. so no warranty American Joe".

So far the MSM, run and influenced by Greens have kept reports of such events off the news. However now there are so many instances that the truth is leaking out, despite corporately inspired federal 'cover - ups'.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on October 04, 2023, 06:38:41 PMI believe the 'Wright Brothers' experienced similar problems with their early and admittedly rushed prototypes. Why do people buy the bloody things - apart from virtual signalling, or being forced into it by the heavily propagandised advertising, coalescing with 'Nett Zero' Gov't 'prompt' announcements.

Here, their not at all popular, but in the soporific 'Green' states, like California or NY they sell to the rich, who quickly discover they run out of charge so fast that a 400 mile trip can take 2 days to complete. Quickly they seem to utilise them as shopping carts, or golf trolleys and 'secretly revert' to their dependable petrol and diesel vehicles again.

Already mobile 'short charge-up' rescue units are extorting fearsome rates to attend these stricken hideosities. One charges $1000 minimum charge for giving you about 50 miles of fizz, a fat lot of good in the middle of a desert! Their typical invoice is over double that figure for a 100 mile, flat bed recovery. Of course the 'ungodly', mainly drug crazed gangs posing as 'cheap' recovery agents are already targeting stranded old folks and lady drivers in remote areas - with horrible consequences of extortion and worse, as you can imagine.

Read only yesterday of where one 'do-gooder' who spouted about how good his ton of Lithium was, ended up stuck twix Palm Springs and Blythe (120 miles). Americans consume  air con everywhere at about 17C, benignly thinking their Greenwonders will go as far as a traditional car, which of course they don't, indeed the range is halved, more at night with lights on of course. Out to the rescue came Mr re-charge bandit, who gulped a quick $1500 dollars to 'Refuel' the 'ever-ready' blancmange mold electric wonder. The next day 'Mr Green' tried to set off to a charging pod, to find his battery and CPU etc etc had been fried by a bodger bandit (cost to repair his 2 month old MG soap dish, circa $20,000), "velly solly, you bugger up charging rules. so no warranty American Joe".

So far the MSM, run and influenced by Greens have kept reports of such events off the news. However now there are so many instances that the truth is leaking out, despite corporately inspired federal 'cover - ups'.
Brilliant!  And very entertainingly written!
I'd love to publish these words online because I know we'd be doing a lot of silly people a big favour.
Thanks.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

The bus that veered off the road in Italy was an EV bus & the traction battery pack exploded on impact & took so long to extinguish which accounted for some, if not many, of the deaths.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

I read about the bus in Venice wasn't it fuelled by Methane Gas ?

klondike

I heard electric. Whether that is correct or not I've no idea as I didn't check other stories.

Michael Rolls

more horror stories of the stupid vehicles - or rather the stupids who plug them
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on October 04, 2023, 09:22:30 PMI read about the bus in Venice wasn't it fuelled by Methane Gas ?
No, it was a one year old electric bus & a Lithium battery fire is difficult to extinguish.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Quote from: Diasi on October 05, 2023, 07:19:30 AMNo, it was a one year old electric bus & a Lithium battery fire is difficult to extinguish.
Remember the Top Gear crash in Croatia.  That was in an electric concept supercar:

"The car tumbled down the hill and eventually came to rest upside down 110 m (361 ft) from the road. The car caught fire and continued to spontaneously do so for five days according to fellow presenter James May. Hammond survived with a broken leg."