Started by Michael Rolls, September 29, 2023, 06:35:12 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Terrible news, those poor parents & the family of the coach driver.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Terrible.  Thoughts and prayers to all families involved.

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Really sad, it's such a busy road too.  We can only be thankful there weren't more deaths  🙏

Sheila

We live extremely close to where this happened and I wondered what all the sirens were about this morning.  It was obvious that something serious had happened.  I was at my club this afternoon and one of the ladies was getting calls about one of the girls.  Eventually she was released after 21 stitches for deep cuts.  She had climbed out through broken glass.  Also she had seen the dead driver.

The roads are in chaos and helicopters have been flying over, possibly checking on the roads.

I can't see these children wanting to do that drive to school again.  I was told that some parents had been running along the hard shoulder.

Raven

I wonder how the driver came to hit the centre reservation.  :hmm:

Sheila

Well I'm not too sure but surely he shouldn't have been in the outside lane?  Maybe he had a heart attack.

Raven

Goodness only knows, horrible thing to have happened.

dextrous63

Not sure he was in the outside lane.  Reports say that the coach flipped and went into a reservation.   The photos don't suggest that he'd been in the fast lane nor that he hit the central barriers.

No doubt it'll be explained in due course (either officially or via eye witnesses).  

But as said, very sad!