Boots Getting the Boot.

Started by Raven, September 29, 2023, 12:40:25 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

One near to me is closing, tbh I rarely go to Boots these days.  Cosmetics and Cold/Flu stuff you can buy in the supermarket.

GrannyMac

We have a local branch, its half empty, hardly any staff. It wouldn't surprise me if it closes.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

We don't have a "Boots" here we have a huge one called "Sutherlands" Nearest is over in Wick.

Scrumpy

We have a Boots in Reigate.. I think it is still there.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Our local one in Chorlton will close soon, partly because the entire shopping centre is going to be ripped down and re-modelled as something yet to be decided.

No major hardship as we've got plenty of other pharmacists nearby.

Cassandra

I remember leaving them for prescriptions way back. Arrogant young staff and dispensed wrong drugs which I could have sued them for, but didn't wastefully believing the indifferent attiude would change.

Reap what they will sow as they and other woke turbocharged retailers hurtle towards lower service standards.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Boots closing will not affect me at all.. many alternatives around ..
What is sad is another empty store.. on our High Street.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

The old Toys 'R Us store here is just being revamped and will become a Home Bargains. As there is one of  those only a couple of hundred yards away that will doubtless be closed. I just checked and find it shut in 2018. I thought it was longer ago TBH.

I think the days of bricks and mortar retail are coming to an end. Killed by Amazon and others who may well treat their workers pretty badly. Why wouldn't they? There are new ones arriving in the UK all the time.

Michael Rolls

went into Perth Boots for the Covid jab in 2020 because the NHS offered me an appointment in some three months time, whereas Boots offered it in days. Not been in since, can't remember the previous time, but Veronica was still with us so probably around 2016
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]