Metropolitan Firearms Officers Resigning From The Role.

Started by Diasi, September 24, 2023, 07:11:17 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

After the charging of the firearms officer who shot & killed a black waste-of-space, Met police firearms officers are starting to hand back their weapons.

Of course when this incident happened, the correct headline should have been 'Domestic Violence Assailant, In Car Linked To Firearms Offences, Shot Dead After Ramming Police Vehicles & Refusing To Surrender To Police'.

https://tinyurl.com/d5h29x4z
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I doubt they get paid a lot extra to risk their lives so why risk their jobs too. Better to sit on their arses policing Twitter or cop anybody doing over 20 from a camera van.

Michael Rolls

a possible trial date of 9/9/24 - virtually a year away. Don't blame for one moment officers deciding that the game just isn't worth the candle.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on September 24, 2023, 07:11:17 AMAfter the charging of the firearms officer who shot & killed a black waste-of space, Met police firearms officers are starting to hand back their weapons.

Yes, I read that and thought the same.

What will the elevated pen pushers do now, I wonder.
Send in the firearms units... oh no!

If all the police and the armed services went on strike, I think there will be many politicians, civil servants and judges s****ing themselves.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on September 24, 2023, 09:17:07 AMI doubt they get paid a lot extra to risk their lives so why risk their jobs too. Better to sit on their arses policing Twitter or cop anybody doing over 20 from a camera van.
I don't think they get any additional pay, that's why some of them are now saying their careers would be safer, as you say, trawling Twatter X for people who commit misgender hate crimes.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

What will Mayor Khan do ?  I'm sure I read he has 24 hour police protection, I assume armed police.  Nowadays the law appears to be on the side of the criminal, particularly if he's black. 

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on September 24, 2023, 05:11:16 PMWhat will Mayor Khan do ?  I'm sure I read he has 24 hour police protection, I assume armed police.  Nowadays the law appears to be on the side of the criminal, particularly if he's black. 
The whole case has only been brought because he was black, in order to satisfy our culturally enriching black criminal communities.

The officers who shot & killed unarmed white Harry Stanley, who was carrying an antique table leg he'd had repaired, weren't subjected to any criminal investigation.
[email protected]

klondike

I heard that 100 have handed in their authorisations to be armed. It isn't clear if that is them permanently declining the role or more of a protest. If they have given up the role it must give the Met a big problem training new ones both in getting somebody suitable to take the job and the training must surely be a bit more than a 3 day course.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on September 24, 2023, 05:11:16 PMWhat will Mayor Khan do ?  I'm sure I read he has 24 hour police protection, I assume armed police.  Nowadays the law appears to be on the side of the criminal, particularly if he's black. 
I agree.
I'm all in favour of equality of colour and origin, but it is undeniably true that 'minorities' are now being treated better than indigenous white people in many ways.

Looking ahead, I wonder whether, when whites are a minority in this country (or at least parts of it, as is already the case), we white British will be regarded as more in need of protection and benefits than non-whites.

It is coming, I am sure of it, though not in my lifetime.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

klondike

Update 09/25/23 — Army Stood Down as Firearms Officers Return to Work
A number of firearms officers reconsidered their relinquishing of their duties on Monday, with enough returning to work for the British Army support for the Metropolitan Police to be stood down. Describing the military support as a "contingency option", the force said discussions were ongoing and a "number of officers... have now returned", meaning they have enough marksmen available to provide counterterrorism policing.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/09/25/british-army-drafted-in-as-armed-police-hand-in-guns-in-protest-at-officer-charged-with-murder/

Cassandra

I can't understand how the charge could be murder? The implication is that this officer, with aforethought and malice in mind set out to kill someone he never knew?

Surely Manslaughter with diminished responsibility?

Probably the gutless DPP have decided Murder, to avoid a 'George Floyd' moment?

Had the 'Deceased' been white, no doubt the decision of an inquiry would have found the result 'unfortunate'.

I don't blame the officers at all. After all if you made a mistake in your job of putting toothpaste in tubes, you wouldn't expect to be charged with Murder.

It's their work and adeath was incurred, tragic, but inevitably these things do happen.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Ashy

Quote from: klondike on September 25, 2023, 02:41:16 PMUpdate 09/25/23 — Army Stood Down as Firearms Officers Return to Work
Translation

Army chiefs say "You got yourself into it, you get yourself out of it".

klondike

Quite likely, Soldiers don't make good policemen. Especially when armed.

Diasi

When I called Kaba a black waste-of-space it seems I had good reason to do so.

He was a member of a violent gang & was well known to the police & he was part of an investigation for a nightclub shooting a few days before he was shot.

The firearms officer would already have known all of this when confronting him.

I was going to say 'good shot' but with a forehead that big I reckon any of us could have had hit the black tosser in the head. Lol  :grin:
[email protected]