Vet Bills.

Started by Raven, September 07, 2023, 06:57:14 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Oh Phil.!! That's a bummer.. My heart goes out to you..
I wish your beloved Yorkie all the very best..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Thanks everyone of you.

The test for her internal organs came back as ok & although her kidneys are within safe limits her urine measurement was higher than it  should be so she'll have to have non-prescription renal support medication & renal support food.

We won't know the result of her heart test for about a week.

The vet checked her mouth & he couldn't find any reason for her not eating & there's no health issues that explain it but if she won't eat all the correct food in the world won't solve anything.

In herself she seems fine, she can do 30 minute walks, can run round the garden & she's alert enough. 

As I think I've said before, before we got together, the two Yorkies were bought to give the woman I later married, some companionship & focus in her life at that point, so that gives them a special status for me. 

Our first Yorkie died in 2020, a few months before my wife, so when eventually our second one passes it will feel like the closing of a chapter for me. 
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

A reprieve indeed.  Thank heavens for that.

Diasi

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

So sorry to hear about your little dog Phil, I do hope she starts to eat something soon as that's always a good sign they're feeling a bit better.  Hopefully her heart test results will be ok, it's such a worrying time but fingers crossed you've got a few more years with her yet.

GrannyMac

Such a special meaning this little dog has for you Phil. Hopefully the vet can help get her appetite back and sort out any other issues.  She won't be lacking in TLC. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

Oh, Phil - I do feel for you - today it is fifty-five months since I lost little Fleur, my best link to my late Veronica. I do hope your little doggie is OK
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on September 15, 2023, 09:47:06 PMOh, Phil - I do feel for you - today it is fifty-five months since I lost little Fleur, my best link to my late Veronica. I do hope your little doggie is OK
Thanks Mike, your word 'link' is the best way to describe it.

Since my wife & I didn't have any children between us, our Yorkies & cats were like children to us.

The Yorkies are extra special insomuch as they were with us from the very start.

Anyway, some positive news is that I've found out why our Yorkie stopped eating & seemed to be losing her spark.

She has lost quite a few of her teeth, which the vet said wasn't a problem, & health wise it isn't. However, it did mean that she couldn't pick up her food from her deep doggie bowl so she was wanting to eat but couldn't get the food into her mouth & then gave up trying.

She must have been really frustrated that she couldn't eat her food but neither could she tell me why she couldn't.

So once I realised I now cut up her soft pouch food & put it on very shallow dinner plate so that she can use her tongue to push it into her mouth & she's now eating again & she's got the spark back.

I dread to think what could have happened if I hadn't twigged what the problem was.
[email protected]

JBR

Marge and I feel exactly the same love toward our two cats (and the others preceding them), and for the same reason: no children.

We sometimes balk at the prices charged by the vets, but actually they are chicken-feed compared to the cost of children!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on September 19, 2023, 11:20:19 AMMarge and I feel exactly the same love toward our two cats (and the others preceding them), and for the same reason: no children.

We sometimes balk at the prices charged by the vets, but actually they are chicken-feed compared to the cost of children!
And there isn't a Petsline for them to phone if they don't get their own way.  :grin:
[email protected]

klondike

Good news Phil. Yorkies are well known for having problems with their teeth. Both of ours did.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on September 19, 2023, 11:44:44 AMGood news Phil. Yorkies are well known for having problems with their teeth. Both of ours did.
Thanks klondike. The vet did say that losing their teeth was better than keeping bad ones, health wise.
[email protected]

Raven

Excellent News, hope she has many years ahead. :smiley:

GrannyMac

Poor wee thing, she must be in heaven since tou changed her dish! Such a simple remedy, but made all the difference.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖