Well, This Will Upset Brian.

Started by Raven, September 05, 2023, 11:11:13 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

It will keep him going in new "someone told me" threads for quite a while.  :embarrassed:
BUT, it does have a very serious side to it as well.

BBC News - Birmingham City Council 'effectively bankrupt'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-66715441

Ashy

How can they be bankrupt when they've all got 5 million stashed away?

With one possible exception.

Diasi

But fair play to Brian.

Has he or has he not been warning about the profligate irresponsible spending by Birmingham City Council for as long as he's been on the PF forum?

Many laughed at him & now, it would seem, he's been proved right.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

It's the council that's bankrupt not the councillors who have, possibly, far more than a mere 5 million stashed.

I saw mention of an Oracle IT system. If they had wanted to save a few bob they could have used an open source alternative to that.

September 05, 2023, 11:59:01 AM
Quote from: Diasi on September 05, 2023, 11:53:16 AMBut fair play to Brian.

Has he or has he not been warning about the profligate irresponsible spending by Birmingham City Council for as long as he's been on the PF forum?

When the target is 180 degrees wide in front of you  then you'd have to work hard to miss.

GrannyMac

Quote from: Diasi on September 05, 2023, 11:53:16 AMBut fair play to Brian.

Except it would take a lot of councillors' jollies (thats what he complains about) to spend that much! Perhaps its time to consider a charge on anyone in Brum with over £7m, thats how much he's been told that 'some people' have.

It sounds as if they've gone cheap on IT, and are now paying the price to get it right, along with historic cases of equal pay claims.

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on September 05, 2023, 01:40:11 PMExcept it would take a lot of councillors' jollies (thats what he complains about) to spend that much!

You've missed out the Mayor's car. Lol  :grin:

But he did point to the general lack of fiscal prudence which, when combined, could have been significant.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

I agree, he did.  His local Wetherspoons will be buzzing!  😁

klondike

I thought that was where he got the dirt on them. It was always "man said" not "I said" and of course  all the anonymous phone calls.

GrannyMac

Everything in Birmingham will be cancelled now. Forever. 🥴

klondike

Except the silly o'clock running club...

GrannyMac

BCC are on the ball! They've rung Brian about his council tax for next year. That'll save them. 

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

[email protected]

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Did they ask about his spare rooms?