No medals for..

Started by Scrumpy, January 18, 2022, 08:42:47 AM

« previous - next »

-Oy-

Quote from: Raven on January 18, 2022, 01:07:14 PM
Sorry Guys but I've always like Harry.  :check:

Me too - I met him once and photographed him. Lovely lad :)
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Wandering Walter

Quote from: crabbyob on January 18, 2022, 04:21:25 PM
i think Charles behaved worse than any of them, and i for one would be happy if William gets the crown...

Prince Charles will inherit the Crown, after him Prince William then Prince George, Princess Charlotte Prince Louis and so on

TREBOR

There was a  time when I was really against Camilla because I liked Diana. She was certainly no saint but she was gulled into a marriage with a man who already had a long standing mistress.

If Charles had married Camilla years ago when they first met things would have gone very differently. She is obviously the right sort of wife for him and does not try to compete or outshine him in the way Diana did. I would not have any objection to her becoming queen.

Wandering Walter

According to the Mail and others Harry and Andrew as well as other members of the family with be awarded Jubilee Medals bought and paid for by the Queen

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10414669/amp/Prince-Andrew-Harry-receive-Queens-Platinum-Jubilee-medals.html

Scrumpy

If the Queen want's to treat her family then let her..
It is marvelous the lengths a mother will go to protect and pretend ...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Wandering Walter

I agree her decision plus she is footing the bill for the medals

Scrumpy

It reminds me of the Mother on school sports day when her beloved Timothy doesn't win a sticker for wining a race..

' Don't worry my darling, I will make you one myself.. and I will place you First..'
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

crabbyob

Quote from: Wandering Walter on January 18, 2022, 06:51:27 PM
Prince Charles will inherit the Crown, after him Prince William then Prince George, Princess Charlotte Prince Louis and so on
the previous Prince of Wales was never crowned as he decided to marry a divorcee [as Charles has done, knowing full well he was not allowed to marry either a divorcee nor a Catholic, and he has done both] so i would be quite happy for the throne to pass to William [who might be required to also change his name as the queens father did... the last King William caused a big split in his kingdom i believe, the oft sung about King Billy]...

Michael Rolls

William IV? Don't remember a split, although he was notorious for a large number of illegitimate children. 1830-1837 means he would have been on the throne for the Great Reform Act of 1832. Succeeded, of course, by Victoria. You don't mean William III, do you of the troubled times, Battle of the Boyne, Jacobite problems and all that jazz
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Oh, and to avoid any hurt feelings, in Scotland William III of England was William II of Scotland
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

Royalty eh? They're all a bit schitzo.  :grin:

crabbyob

all that jazz... really Mike....AKA the Prince of Orange..... yes the numbers thing really does cause confusion.... Elizabeth the second, when she was/is the first Elizabethh to be crown Queen of the Scots? and all that jazz, just look away no one will notice...

Michael Rolls

The two titles intrigued me - hadn't realised that before. Dug - the only previous King William of Scotland was William of the house of Dunkeld, 1165-1214. England's William II was William Rufus 1056-1100,  but at the time Scotland was a separate kingdom, hence WIII and WII for William of Orange
Mike
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

And I always thought it a PR gaff that the liner QE2, built on the Clyde, was so named, when HM was actually the first Elizabeth for Scotland. I, and others, thought Elizabeth of Britain would have been much more suitable
Mike
[email protected]

crabbyob

but as i have pointed out before Mike
who-ever sits on the throne....
you and i will still have to report to the coal-face monday morning...or afternoon in my case, you are a daze regular contender... :wow:  ... its spelt daze because i had to get up at 4.20a.m. to get to the pit on time, you couldnt go late....lol