Dallas

Started by Alex, August 26, 2023, 06:44:02 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Just reading the American writer David Jacobs who created Dallas and Knots Landing has died aged 84
I used to love Dallas the characters were brilliant, remember JR Ewing and Sue Ellen ?  Bobby and Pam ?  They don't make 'em like that anymore and what a great theme tune too.

Raven

My husband used to like Dallas but I couldn't get into it. I would usually head off out with the dogs when it came on. No computer in those days, lucky dogs extra walk.  :wink:

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on August 26, 2023, 06:44:02 AMJust reading the American writer David Jacobs who created Dallas and Knots Landing has died aged 84
I used to love Dallas the characters were brilliant, remember JR Ewing and Sue Ellen ?  Bobby and Pam ?  They don't make 'em like that anymore and what a great theme tune too.

I was a Dallas fan too.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I too watched Dallas..  Terry Wogan used to comment on the series.. he always called Su Ellen 'Swellin'... and the short blonde girl  'The poison dwarf'.. He wouldn't be getting away with it now days..
All the women were made up to the hilt.. even if they were just riding a horse.. 
I loved it..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

never watched it - not a complaint, just a comment
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

morty

I was an addict too, I mean everyone loved to hate JR  but I could never get into , what was the other one called ?  Dynasty? 
The Colby's .. wasn't that another one?
And Knots Landing.

When women had big shoulder pads. 

Scrumpy

On the council estate where I grew up we had a house called SOUTHFORK.. It had big iron gates leading up to a brick 3 bedroom council house.. Wally lived there.. 
In the same road we had PONDEROSA .. A family of boys.. They were Irish..

Brilliant memories.. No money  but grand homes.. !!!!!

morty

Sounds like something out of High Chaparral or Bonanza ... 

Scrumpy

Back then people were proud of their council house home..
And as soon as a neighbour gave their house a name others followed..
They copied names from the tv programmes doing the rounds.. Simple things gave great pleasure..
Like when the gasman was doing the rounds and emptying the meters.. The word went up.. much excitement because parents got a rebate..