Not Bad if You Can Get It.

Started by Diasi, August 17, 2023, 10:28:42 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

If the 12 houses aren't all of the newbuild then the rest will be a lot cheaper  :grin:

Scrumpy

Phew!!  So pleased that it is not in my back yard.. 
We have enough hassle with the so called 'travellers' that think they can park up anywhere they like..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

It also begs the question why the council doesn't move those already in social housing to the new estate and put the illegals into the doubtless shitholes the council are using as social housing.

Alex

This is so unfair, locals should come first. 
Klondy makes a good point, the council should move locals into the new homes, freeing up council property. 

I'd be pixxed off if I'd just bought one of the houses, give it six months and those £700,000 homes will be worth £500,000.  The article doesn't say if it's a Labour or Tory council. 

The locals should get together and withhold their council tax. !!

Scrumpy

The surrounding  houses will be impossible to sell.. 
People do not move to be near illegal immigrants.. they move to be away from them..
Why should people in social housing have them as neighbours.. ?
Many decent people live in social housing.. and many (rogues) in expensive housing.. 

Diasi

As regards social housing, it's been the planning law for a number of years that there has to be a % of social housing on all new private developments.

Brought in by Labour but never scrapped by the Tories.

I worked on a small, very expensive exclusive development in Cambridge & I couldn't believe it when I found that there were social houses on it, alongside houses costing the best part of a £million.

But as klondike says, why not move the locals into the new builds & use the old council houses for the immigrants.

You can just see the illegals reading about this & saving up for the boat trip as this type of accommodation will become the norm.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 17, 2023, 12:18:27 PMWhy should people in social housing have them as neighbours.. ?
Many decent people live in social housing.. and many (rogues) in expensive housing..

Why should the immigrants have brand spanking new homes ? Surely fairer to give the decent people in social housing first choice at moving into them  ? 

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on August 17, 2023, 11:20:58 AMThis is so unfair, locals should come first. 
Klondy makes a good point, the council should move locals into the new homes, freeing up council property. 

I'd be pixxed off if I'd just bought one of the houses, give it six months and those £700,000 homes will be worth £500,000.  The article doesn't say if it's a Labour or Tory council. 

The locals should get together and withhold their council tax. !!
It comes under South Kesteven District Council which has no overall control by any party so I suppose Labour, LibDems,Greens & Democratic Independents have done it.

I doubt that the ordinary Independents & Tories would have voted for it.
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Alex on August 17, 2023, 12:53:42 PMWhy should the immigrants have brand spanking new homes ? Surely fairer to give the decent people in social housing first choice at moving into them  ?

Very much agree.  :wtf:

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on August 17, 2023, 12:53:42 PMWhy should the immigrants have brand spanking new homes ? Surely fairer to give the decent people in social housing first choice at moving into them  ?

Absolutely.. That is what I said.. I don't see why people in social housing should come second to immigrants.. There are some fine people living in social housing ..