Step it up..

Started by Scrumpy, August 09, 2023, 08:32:17 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

How many steps do you do in a day.. ?
You don't need to do the ten thousand that they were going on about. to keep healthy.. Apparently it is much less.
 I might get one of them ankle things that were all the rage a few years back.. It clocks up your steps... But I don't want people to think I am 'Tagged'..

It takes 20 steps from my kitchen table to the downstairs closet.. It takes 25 to the front door.. If I go upstairs it takes 15 to get to the bottom of the stairs and 13 to get to the top..
Blimey , I'm going to have to go some..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

the bungalow is a sort of 'racetrack' layout were, starting in the lounge, you can 'lap' through the dining room, kitchen and hall back into the lounge. That's just on 40 yards, number of steps depends on how good my legs are on a given day - can be around 45 paces, or if I am in 'shuffle' mode on a particular day, could be getting on for 60. I make a point most days, in addition to other exercises, doing 11-15 laps as a distinct exercise, say something like quarter of a mile to 600 yards, plus, of course, normal walking around. Obviously, no way am I remotely nearing 10,000 steps
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I also have a 'Lap' that I do often.. Around the living room through the hall and around the kitchen.. It is a figure eight..
I have just done it 55 steps.. 
 I guess. with all the things we do in the home on a daily basis would amount to rather a lot of steps..

Alex

This should be in the boring thread  :grin:  :grin:  :grin: my friend checks her steps on her watch, quite embarrassing in the middle of Aldi !

Joking aside, it is important to keep moving, but do we really have to count ?

Scrumpy

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
 Yeah! , you are right.. Who cares about bloody steps..