George Alagiah

Started by Alex, July 24, 2023, 02:34:24 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

George Alagiah, one of the BBC's longest-serving and most respected journalists has died at 67, nine years after being diagnosed with bowel cancer.  You can't always tell from telly, but he seemed a genuine nice fella.  RIP George.

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on July 24, 2023, 02:34:24 PMGeorge Alagiah, one of the BBC's longest-serving and most respected journalists has died at 67, nine years after being diagnosed with bowel cancer.  You can't always tell from telly, but he seemed a genuine nice fella.  RIP George.

I remember him being in the same 'box' one day at an 'Oval' Test match many years ago. A charming man who was an ideal person to share a day of cricket with. Particularly kind and respectful to my ancient mum, carrying her tea and cakes out to the balcony fo her. God bless you sir.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

Veronica and I really liked him - such sad news, and only 67
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

I went with a friend to hear him give a talk at the University a few years ago. Always liked his style. Only 67, so sad.

Lovely story Cassandra, his general kindness has been mentioned more than once today.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Very sad news & as has been said, 67 is no age to go. RIP George.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]