We are not alone..

Started by Scrumpy, July 13, 2023, 04:32:26 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: Ashy on July 14, 2023, 12:14:22 PMA decent screen writer could spin it out to a couple of hours.
Yes, the whole dive could be filmed in extra slow motion with added dramatic effects such as plenty of creaking & cracking noises & the pilot not being able to jettison the ballast right up to the point where the perspex porthole started to crack before it imploded.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

You all seem to have forgotten the episode of Star Trek in which Kirk went into a different time thingy to the rest of the crew so that nobody seemed to be moving in his real time.  This could be adapted so that 30millisecs could last at least an hour and a half.

James Cameron is deffo the man to direct it too.

Diasi

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 14, 2023, 01:55:44 PMYou all seem to have forgotten the episode of Star Trek in which Kirk went into a different time thingy to the rest of the crew so that nobody seemed to be moving in his real time.  This could be adapted so that 30millisecs could last at least an hour and a half.

James Cameron is deffo the man to direct it too.
Good thinking, you're on the ball with this film.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Pity there weren't any females on board so it could have some romance into it.  Unless Marina from Stingray could somehow be incorporated!!

Diasi

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 15, 2023, 06:20:30 PMLooks like I'm a fortune teller...

https://www.gbnews.com/news/world/titanic-director-james-cameron-titan-submarine-implosion-drama-series
It certainly does.

So long as he gives the implosion some dramatic licence, such as making the perspex window cracks very gradually, which it wouldn't actually do, with jets of water at such a high pressure that they shoot straight through the passengers before the main event which will have to be done in very slow motion.

If you can predict that I'll look forward to watching it.

Hell, I'll even renew my Netflix subscription.  :grin:
[email protected]

klondike

How can the make a series of it? I reckon more time will be devoted to the fruitless search than the dive. Unless they concentrate on the Oceangate CEO telling all the experts who constantly warn him he is heading for disaster that they are dickheads.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 16, 2023, 08:57:12 AMHow can the make a series of it? I reckon more time will be devoted to the fruitless search than the dive. Unless they concentrate on the Oceangate CEO telling all the experts who constantly warn him he is heading for disaster that they are dickheads.
I wouldn't renew my Netflix subscription to watch that.  :grin:
[email protected]

klondike

Perhaps they'll have Meghan and Harry as potential passengers who pull out at the last minute as Harry calculates that the stresses will be too great.

Raven

We've never had a Netflix Subscription, pay enough for the blooming licence without being charge for extra that will come on the mainline channels eventually.

JBR

Quote from: Raven on July 16, 2023, 10:19:45 AMWe've never had a Netflix Subscription, pay enough for the blooming licence without being charge for extra that will come on the mainline channels eventually.
Simple.
Stop paying your BBC Tax.
There is more than enough on the telly without paying anything and, of course, Amazon Prime and Netflix if you want more upon payment, but still better value than the BBC.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

Naw, we don't watch enough telly to make it worth while. Anything either of us want to watch is recorded and watched whenever. Only thing Himself likes to watch live is the Scottish, then local News.

Diasi

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 14, 2023, 07:33:08 PMPity there weren't any females on board so it could have some romance into it.  Unless Marina from Stingray could somehow be incorporated!!
Now a 30 millisecond sex scene would definitely have to slow down.

Although some females, according to the Agony Aunt help lines, already complain about having 30 millisecond sex romps. 
[email protected]

Scrumpy

So, you read Agony Aunt help lines eh.!!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..