We are not alone..

Started by Scrumpy, July 13, 2023, 04:32:26 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

I have a waste bin in the kitchen automatically opens when anything passes in front of little red light..
Lately it has been opening for no reason at all.. 
Very strange..
Is someone trying to get a message through.. ?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Maybe it's the passengers of the Titan who are, in fact, alive and have got the morse code transmitter working on the Titanic.  

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 13, 2023, 04:32:26 PMI have a waste bin in the kitchen automatically opens when anything passes in front of little red light..
Lately it has been opening for no reason at all..
Very strange..
Is someone trying to get a message through.. ?

Could this be due to membership of this forum ? because my bin does the same, only the little light is green  :grin:   Change the battery Scrumps, see if that sends the buggars packing !

klondike

Good advice but I found when the battery in mine went flat the lid stayed shut.

Still worth changing though. If anything powered by a battery plays up change the battery. This rule is just like the other one where if anything with a computer in it plays up power cycle it.

Both replace the older rule about thumping radios and TVs as neither still have valves in them.

dextrous63

klondike

Probably the cause. I only use mine for dry waste so I've never slopped anything on it. Which is my excuse for not thinking of it.

Scrumpy

I have changed the 4 batteries.. What a palaver. It took me ages to open the bit where the batteries go in.. So, I put in new batteries and it didn't work.. SO, after  fiddling around with the opening again I checked that the batteries  were all facing the right way.. It is now working..
I would much rather be painting the shed .. or the house then doing these silly little jobs that I do understand..

klondike

Oddly enough I took a look at mine to see how the sensor worked and guess how it could cause false alarms. I found that the batteries were flat. I only use that one occasionally and hadn't done so recently. With flat batteries mine just growled at me trying to open the flap without success.

Michael Rolls

battery operated waste bins! Really!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Dageus would love one of those, he'd soon twig that it opened if he passed it, and that nose would be in there having a good rummage at every opportunity.

Scrumpy

Dageus wouldn't have much luck rummaging around my bin.. It is all dry waste.. 

klondike

Diasi

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 13, 2023, 05:02:50 PMMaybe it's the passengers of the Titan who are, in fact, alive and have got the morse code transmitter working on the Titanic. 
:upvote: :grin: :grin: :grin:

There'd be no point in making a film about the Titan as the disaster part would be over in 30 milliseconds.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: Diasi on July 14, 2023, 09:11:07 AM:upvote: :grin: :grin: :grin:

There'd be no point in making a film about the Titan as the disaster part would be over in 30 milliseconds.
:grin: :grin: :grin:  shouldn't laugh really..

Ashy

Quote from: Diasi on July 14, 2023, 09:11:07 AMThere'd be no point in making a film about the Titan as the disaster part would be over in 30 milliseconds.
A decent screen writer could spin it out to a couple of hours.