France on Fire

Started by Ashy, June 30, 2023, 10:12:33 PM

« previous - next »

Ashy

Non mainstream news reports serious rioting and looting in cities all over France after an Algerian youth involved in crime was shot and killed by police. Police losing control of the situation.

klondike

It's France. Nothing out of the ordinary. Rioting is a national pastime. Clearly the Algerians are integrating which may be a good sign.

Sheila

One of my daughters worked in Paris for several years and went back last weekend to visit friends.  I'm pleased it wasn't this weekend.  One of her friends has told her that there is a 9pm curfew.

Raven

My daughter and her husband often pop over to France, they have a wee village there that they like to stay in and rent the same cottage each time. I'm very glad they're safely in Dundee at the moment.

Ruthio

Don't you just love the Frenchies when they get cross!

Alex

These riots seem to be all Africans, I haven't seen any white faces on the clips I've seen..

klondike

They'll mostly be of Algerian descent. It used to be a French colony and Wikipedia says there are a couple of a million of Algerian descent in France.

Alex

Yes, they're all shouting in French !!!  They've thrown some kind on incendiary device at the police and a couple of officers' clothes were actually on fire.

If only some painter and decorator with the gift of the gab could rally the peoples of Europe, the problem could be solved. 😎😎😎😎😎   Not my words, but somebody needs to rally the troops, it's no use lighting candles and holding vigils when they rape and murder white kids.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on July 01, 2023, 07:40:07 PMYes, they're all shouting in French !!!  They've thrown some kind on incendiary device at the police and a couple of officers' clothes were actually on fire.

If only some painter and decorator with the gift of the gab could rally the peoples of Europe, the problem could be solved. 😎😎😎😎😎  Not my words, but somebody needs to rally the troops, it's no use lighting candles and holding vigils when they rape and murder white kids.
Not in the UK, I'm afraid.

From what I have seen and read, there are many British people who think that regarding black and ethnic minority people, the sun shines out of their arses.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on July 01, 2023, 11:22:42 PMNot in the UK, I'm afraid.

From what I have seen and read, there are many British people who think that regarding black and ethnic minority people, the sun shines out of their arses.
It is expedient to do so, since one wishes to be on the side of the uncancelled.  Unfortunately, they cannot comprehend the dangers of knocking down walls and that the symphony will always be unfinished.

PS: Your nemesis on t'mothership hasn't been around for a while.  Am sure t'others would be pleased to see you😉😊

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 02, 2023, 12:39:47 AMIt is expedient to do so, since one wishes to be on the side of the uncancelled.  Unfortunately, they cannot comprehend the dangers of knocking down walls and that the symphony will always be unfinished.

PS: Your nemesis on t'mothership hasn't been around for a while.  Am sure t'others would be pleased to see you😉😊
I'm going away for a week tomorrow.  Yes, I have been condemned to East Anglia for misbehaviour.

If there is such a feeling on the Mother Ship, I may think about coming back later.  Needless to say, I shall definitely be avoiding Sueboo due to the danger of her insisting on me being sent to the naughty bin.
It is a sad fact that some people in power these days detest the idea of free speech.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

Enjoy the flatlands.  Hope the weather keeps.

I think it's safe to return now.

klondike

Who knows Norfolk may even have 3G from their phone masts these days...

dextrous63

What makes you think they have telephonic devices?  I think JB may have to brush off his morse code skills.

klondike

Morse code? Morse code?