bubble & squeak,

Started by alfred, June 29, 2023, 08:50:55 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

its  times like now when people are stretching their money to put food on the table, then thoughts for many of us of our childhood when  bubble and squeak was on the table at least once a week 
so for many of you did you ever have this delicious meal and if so what did mother add to it

if so will you share your thoughts with us .

Michael Rolls

none of us were fond of cabbage, so I don't remember us having it at home, but it did feature in school meals from time to time and I spent a fair time trying to separate the potato from the cabbage!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

My Mum used to make this and I really hated the smell !  :tongue:

klondike

Don't think I've ever eaten it. We must have been posh.

Diasi

I've had it on the odd occasion & I quite like it, but since I live on ready meals nowadays I never have any leftovers.

Edit: Most supermarkets sell it as a ready meal so I'll be getting some.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

I've never tasted it. :shh:  Our cheapie meal was Stovies. :clap:

Scrumpy

I used to love Bubble and Squeak.. But it must be crispy and brown... and cabbage is best.. We usually had it on a Monday.. Cold meat and Bubble and Squeak..
And , of course, brown sauce...
 I haven't had it in years.. You can buy it in the freezer department at any big store..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Quote from: Raven on June 29, 2023, 10:04:07 AMI've never tasted it. :shh:  Our cheapie meal was Stovies. :clap:
Loved stovies. Great on a winters day.  Bubble and squeak wasn't a thing in Scotland.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖