would you...

Started by Scrumpy, June 26, 2023, 12:50:49 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Give up your seat to another.?

A discussion on the radio..
Many do not give up their seat to another.. even if disabled.. aged.. or mother with baby/child..
Sam wouldn't dream of sitting whilst someone in need is standing.. 
I would never sit if I thought someone needed a seat.. and I'm old.. !!
My family are the same..  I am pleased to say..
I was on a train a few years back when a little tot ,who was with her mummy ,came to me with her book to show me the pictures .. she was a smart little thing and wormed her way onto my lap.. Her mother looked at me and said 'Is she alright.. is she bothering you'?  Can you imagine a guy in the same position.?  
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Yes I'd give up my seat.  We was brought up right  :grin:

1955vintage

Always did before and will still do now.

Good manners cost nuffing do they?
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

dextrous63

Absolutely, in spite of the unfortunate increasing possibility that one might get an earful from some weirdo about being sexist, ageist, gender bias etc etc etc.

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 26, 2023, 12:50:49 PMI was on a train a few years back when a little tot ,who was with her mummy ,came to me with her book to show me the pictures .. she was a smart little thing and wormed her way onto my lap.. Her mother looked at me and said 'Is she alright.. is she bothering you'?  Can you imagine a guy in the same position.? 
It depends how attractive her mother was.  :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on June 26, 2023, 09:23:48 PMIt depends how attractive her mother was.  :grin:
🤣 👍
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

I would - although the opportunity hardly exists - only been on a bus twice in nearly 20 years, been on the underground once in the same time scale
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I usually end up standing.. I know my place.. !
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..