Don't See the Need.

Started by Raven, June 17, 2023, 12:45:01 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

All Westminster seems to do these days is argue with each other, :boo: Used to be a time not so long ago, that the party in office actually worked together, and kept their private lives private.

GHF

I reckon Boris has buried so many bodies he's lost count, the
cheating, lying, greedy toad.

And that's me putting it mildly.  :nooo:

Raven

Quote from: GHF on June 19, 2023, 11:45:48 AMI reckon Boris has buried so many bodies he's lost count, the

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Alex

Quote from: GHF on June 19, 2023, 11:45:48 AMI reckon Boris has buried so many bodies he's lost count, the

At least he was voted in !

klondike

Courtesy of...  :?:

Farage gave him a big chunk of that majority if not all of it.

That majority has been squandered on Net Zero, mass immigration, doing nothing to remove the EU laws and putting NI in the single market coupled with the highest tax burden since WW2 and just about every public service in a state of collapse.

High inflation and associated increased interest rates will be hitting those with mortgages badly soon too - I'm guessing many of those would be Tory voters. Housing market collapse expected any time soon.

He's lost his job and his party look set for a wipeout come the next election. What an arse.

Alex

I don't know much about inflation rates, but surely you can't blame Boris for that too  !  doesn't the Bank of England have a say  ?   Net Zero yes stupid, stupid policy which is happening all over the western world.

klondike

It's the government who appoint the governor of the BoE and that institution certainly took its eye off the ball. From stuff I've read the authors (with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight) all say rates should have been raised earlier and in bigger increments.

My view is that a lot of inflation is down to humungous energy costs here (made worse by the green subsidies) and probably profiteering.

I doubt that the electorate are going to delve deep anyway though. Many will be here...

... and they'll blame the government.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on June 19, 2023, 12:11:04 PMCourtesy of...  :?:

Farage gave him a big chunk of that majority if not all of it.
He did, but Farage was stupid enough to trust Boris to stand by his tacit agreement, to invite any Reform candidates into an alliance.
Of course, on the back of that agreement, Boris gained many votes which would have gone to Reform.

Now, of course, Reform will be standing again.
It is important that they don't fall for any promises by the Tories this time, especially as I am sure they are building up quite a good following now.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Remember UKIP.
4 million votes 1 seat.

If even the BBC say that's unfair then unfair it certainly is.
Mind you they wouldn't mention it now. They'd just bewail an increase in votes for far right extremists.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34368901

I doubt that Reform will do that well this time out.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on June 19, 2023, 01:30:00 PMRemember UKIP.
4 million votes 1 seat.

If even the BBC say that's unfair then unfair it certainly is.
Mind you they wouldn't mention it now. They'd just bewail an increase in votes for far right extremists.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34368901

I doubt that Reform will do that well this time out.
Then the country has well and truly had it!
We (the voters) get what we deserve.

Raven

Quote from: JBR on June 19, 2023, 02:51:57 PMThen the country has well and truly had it!
We (the voters) get what we deserve.

Can't argue with that. :lipsrsealed:

Michael Rolls

it's not what we deserve - it's what we can't change
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 19, 2023, 05:58:56 PMit's not what we deserve - it's what we can't change
Oh but we can change it, but it requires a collective majority to do so!

Michael Rolls

and I doubt that it will ever happen
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 20, 2023, 07:09:23 AMand I doubt that it will ever happen
Yes, sadly, I'm afraid you're right.