I might not...

Started by klondike, June 10, 2023, 11:16:06 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Put on my electric blanket tonight  :yay:

Sheila

I can't sleep.  Ladies glow, not sweat!  I've just opened the window really wide and managed to get some cooler air but I'll have to change the sheets tomorrow.  I have the curtains open (we are not overlooked) and lots of planes are heading for Liverpool airport.

Michael Rolls

had the fan on again for the second time this year, Now, 05:27 it is 22.8 in the lounge already. Yesterday was lovely nowhere near 80F - more like 23C
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

It was 29C here yesterday and I was thinking about all the open air swimming pools that used to be in the area.  I can cope with the heat abroad just going for a swim regularly but I was very uncomfortable yesterday.

We are going back to Goa later in the year for our 30th wedding anniversary.  We cover ourselves in P20, I get under an umbrella with a book and OH happily lies on a sun bed.

Alex

It was sooooo hot yesterday and then the rains came - lovely !   

klondike

Still no rain here. It needs to hurry up. My car is so filthy I might have to consider a car wash if it doesn't. Going to the marina yesterday didn't help. About hasf a mile on very dusty farm tracks is only marginally better than half a mile on muddy farm tracks.

Raven

We fried yesterday and today it's more than a bit wet, but can't grumble as the ground in the fields and garden are needing a good soak.

Michael Rolls

thankfully, we have had rain in the first time for over a fortnight
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Probably be another fortnight before we get anymore. The whole of the Highlands is like a tinder box just now. The wildfires are getting closer to here. The newest one is just off the A9 at Deviot. All it will take is another damn fool tourist with his/her campfire or barbecue and Wooosh.  :waiting:  :angry:  :yell:

Scrumpy

I might not...

Eat anymore Magnum.. Damned  tropical heat makes us do daft things..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Like giving up magnums?  :grin:

There are a lot of calories in them though. I mostly eat supermarket pretend ones at home. They do some half sized ones of those too so I have a box of those that will get some attention once the big ones are gone.

GrannyMac

Haagen Daz salted caramel. Any time. I'm addicted.

No rain here, was holding on, but will water the pots shortly. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

No rain in North Lincolnshire.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Geez it's hot here.  I've been clearing a few brambles and I was cream crackered, so poured myself a lemon gin and sat down.  It's gone to my head  :yay:  :yay:  :yay:

klondike

I checked my weather app. No rain forecast here for the next fortnight. We'll be having a hosepipe ban soon.