flower arranging,

Started by alfred, January 19, 2022, 07:08:38 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

When ever my wife receives a bunch of flowers she like I'm sure many of you likes to re-arrange the flowers in a vase to give off the best effect ,
and my daughter does like wise ,

Q; are you a flower arranger , and if so do you have any useful tips when flower arranging

Raven

I just put the taller ones to the back of the vase, working in size to the front.

Alex

I take all the green bits off the bottoms first.  Cut stem diagonally if you have to shorten any, I dunno why that is, but a florist friend told me that years ago.
All about balance and a bit of patience :grin:

Michael Rolls

the diagonal cut gives greater surface area then a cut straight across, hence an enhanced ability to 'drink'
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

Somebody on tv said recently that if you use slightly warm water, the flowers last longer.

Scrumpy

I like flowers picked from the garden.. Any colour.. I mixed wild ones with ones that I have grown... I don't go for fancy pots and have some lovely shaped jam jars.. They all get on together in the same pot and make me happy..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

The Science bit  :smiley:

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 20, 2022, 03:30:46 AM
the diagonal cut gives greater surface area then a cut straight across, hence an enhanced ability to 'drink'

Wandering Walter

Wife friend arranges flowers usually from her own garden and makes a fantastic display in the house , she has given my wife a few tips yes she cuts the stems at an angle longer stems at the back and puts a little bit of white Lemonade in the water it helps keeps them fresher for longer.

If flowers are delivered by a florist they are usual wrapped in clear cellophane crunch that up into a loose ball and put it in the vase then put some water in, the cellophane will open up slightly then use that as a base for the stems to rest on and hold them in place better, if the cellophane is coloured use a porcelain vase

All I know about flowers are some are red blue yellow etc I stay away from them in the summer hay fever not pleasant  :sad: