fresh veg frozen veg,

Started by alfred, June 08, 2023, 09:09:07 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

Today we are spoilt when it comes to eating either fresh or frozen,
which is the more beneficial, although convenience and pre pared frozen foods are   useful which do you prefer does fresh score over frozen  you thoughts will make interesting reading

klondike

The problem with fresh veg when cooking for one is buying small enough quantities that it will keep. Frozen may not be as tasty or good for you but it is far more convenient.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

I use frozen veg too, always handy.

Raven

Having a Kitchen Garden we usually have fresh, but I also keep some in the freezer for back up. :upvote:

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on June 08, 2023, 09:12:34 AMThe problem with fresh veg when cooking for one is buying small enough quantities that it will keep. Frozen may not be as tasty or good for you but it is far more convenient.
Frozen veg is better than mis-sold fresh veg as there's no such thing as fresh veg in the supermarkets because fresh veg isn't fresh two or three hours after it's been pulled & starts losing it's nutritional value, whereas frozen veg is frozen within an hour or two & retains the nutritional value.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I use frozen and fresh veg.. Frozen is more convenient and less waste for me..
 If I am doing a family dinner it is always fresh veg..
I do know that frozen is a lot fresher because it is frozen straight away whereas we don't know how old our fresh veg is.. Fresh taste best in my opinion..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

We used to have an allotment and would go first thing in the morning.  Just before we came home, we would pick anything that was ready.  We would then wash it, chop it up and add olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  It would all go in the oven with some garlic bread and cook while we were getting showered.  They were lovely lunches.
I grew asparagus from seed and there was enough for two big asparagus beds.  I do miss that and am often tempted to sneak back and pinch some!