living rough on the streets,

Started by alfred, June 07, 2023, 06:46:23 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

When ever i read of people of all ages for what ever the reason end up having to  live on the streets 
when looking further a field even many more people  it  appears are living on the streets in America

we are in the 21st century anit d it appears its something which many countries also have a problem when it comes to housing  people,  with worlds population  trebled  the past  seventy years  it seems as if people who arent  also able to pay  ever increasing rents and mortgages which like the bank of england seem to be for ever raising  its  prices,  so  where will it all end 

Q:  what are your thoughts of current events  and is there an answer.

Scrumpy

It is distressing to see people living rough on the streets whatever country they come from.. Some are there through no fault of their own.. Some wouldn't even change their lives.. I don't know what the answer is.. 
More housing.. !!! more jobs !!!  
Fortunately we don't really see it around these parts..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

My grandson was on the streets for a few nights last year, he had a massive row with his mum and he packed a few things and walked out. Luckily I was in Perth at the time and after a few days he landed up on my doorstep. He looked awful, he had walked from Dundee to Perth sleeping rough along the way. It was hard sorting things out between them and I was beginning to think I would have to take him up to the farm with me when I went back. It was a horrible time.

Scrumpy

Raven.. Worrying times.. But he had you there for him..
I would do the same for my grandchildren..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Street Homelessness is so complex.  Like Raven, most families would try and help.  Unfortunately, there is a big lack of facilities for people with mental health problems, and alcohol and drug dependency.  Most rough sleepers fall into those categories.  

There is help, but not everywhere, and not every rough sleeper wants to engage. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

1955vintage

Sadly a lot of the people who are homeless are being treated as 'care in the community' and have fallen in the cracks of social worker incompetence or lack of resources.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off