memories

Started by alfred, June 07, 2023, 06:00:33 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

as i get older , my wife being of a similar  age at times wakes up in the night and suddenly  starts talking of neighbours or past event many many years ago , then i too wonder if so and so is still around or what ever happened to the so and so family,

are we special or is it some thing which comes with age as we have more time to think of past events 

Q;  do you  either wake up or even simply sit in  a chair and suddenly remember some one  for what ever the reason jogs your memory or evens from the past

if so will you share your thoughts wit us,

Scrumpy

After travelling around I am back where I was when I was eleven.. I know many of the neighbours around here .. their children.. grandchildren..
My friend Shaun grew up in the same street as me.. we used to sit on the doorstep together.. way back..
We often chat about the past and the people we knew..
If I want to know anything I ask Tracey at the Co-op.. she tells me who's dead or who's not..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I often think of people I worked with and where they are now.  I still meet up with
' girls' who grew up in the same street as me.  It's nice to reminisce...

klondike

I now live in the house where I grew up. I know the neighbours partly because they were my parents neighbours but there are none of my childhood friends just a couple of faces I could recall and who remembered me. They obviously all moved away as I did.

Michael Rolls

happens to me as well - for no apparent reason, I will suddenly finding myself remembering people and events of long ago
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]