Himself Semi Retiring.

Started by Raven, June 03, 2023, 12:21:35 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Well that's the Farm sold, quite a young couple bought it. We decided not to move away as trying to find a place with the space we need for the Clydes, and growing their Winter food ect is so diffucult. We don't live in the Farmhouse that was Dunc's parents home, he moved out and into the the old Cattlemans Cottage over 30 years ago and he's done so much to it and added extensions.
As there's a private road to it away from the farms main entrance, and also 3 big fields beside it along with a couple of barns and the stabe we decided to keep that and a tractor and sell the rest.

Ashy

Raven

Quote from: Ashy on June 03, 2023, 12:28:30 PMWishing you all the best. :cool:

Thankyou I am kind of looking forward to it and kind of dreading it lol. So not used to him being underfoot except at meal times. We need to make some plans as to what/how things will work.

Sheila

Just have two televisions in separate rooms, especially if he likes football!

GrannyMac

He needs a hobby! Gardening, growing your own veg?  And as Sheila says, your own spaces!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

He will take over all the Horse stuff and still have to plant one of the fields with their Hay ect. I did suggest he use part of one of the fields to have a sort of Market Garden, he looked interested but we shall see. I know we are going over to Orkney soon for a week or two, to really explore the islands and enjoy some slow time. Come harvest I expect he'll help out with the new folk untill they get the hang of things here.

Scrumpy

All the best to you both.. Time to cut back on workload..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Hope it all works out well for you both. I'm sure it will. As you can still stay at a place you obviously love that will surely help.

Diasi

Best wishes from me was well & I'm sure it's the right decision for you both.

I often look at properties on the Islands but, like so many things in my life, I have left it too late for such a move.

I'm now that boring old man who tells any young person I meet to seize the moment & do what they want in life.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Good luck to you both and Dageus, it sounds like a good move  :upvote:

Raven

Dunc has spent his whole life on that farm and his dad before him, it's a pity he has no children of his own to pass it on to. I think he would have liked a son to train up into a farmer, but as things stand it's not such a good life as it once was, so much has changed and there's not so much money in it. It's certainly a labor of love.
He'll be working it for a couple of weeks untill the new couple get moved in and settled, I just hope they don't change things too much.

Michael Rolls

all the very best in your new way of life, Raven
Mike  :upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]