Tree pollen

Started by Sheila, May 20, 2023, 01:15:02 PM

« previous - next »

Sheila

Is anyone else having a problem at the moment?  I am so bad that it is affecting my very imperfect lungs so I did one of the new PATCHs thingies at our local surgery.  I was very surprised to get an email telling me to go in to see the GP yesterday.  I was frightened that I may cough or sneeze in the waiting room but I was the only patient in the building!
She wanted to give me steroid tablets but I knew that the lung problem that I have 'feeds' on steroids so that isn't an option.
We had a useful chat and she listened to my heart and lungs so I came away reassured.

Michael Rolls

good to hear - all the best
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

I'm glad to hear the doctor was able to put your mind at ease Sheila  :upvote:-  but an empty GP surgery ?  yet people can't get appointents :shocked:

Scrumpy

Tree pollen.. !! First time I have had any symptoms.. Horrible..

I am pleased that all is well Sheila...x
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

I notice that our local council has planted different trees recently, they have removed some of the Plane trees and planted some with small leaves that blossom. Plane tree leaves are well known for blocking the drains in autumn. I just hope the pollen is not worse.

klondike

Hope you are sorted Sheila. I'm on year round Fexofenadine tablets and a nasal spray. They don't completely fix my rhinitis but I know from an occasion when I was out for the day and had forgotten the tablet that they help me a lot. The nasal spray came as a later addition.

Quote from: Alex on May 20, 2023, 10:10:31 PMan empty GP surgery ?  yet people can't get appointents :shocked:
I've noticed this on the few occasions I've been in. Nobody in the doctor's waiting room while the nurses waiting areas are often rammed. I think the bulk of folk get offered telephone appointments.