Handy gift ideas...

Started by klondike, May 14, 2023, 12:57:54 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Quote from: klondike on May 17, 2023, 11:23:05 AMThat's not something I've come across  among my friends and family. Not saying it hasn't as some women keep it under wraps I think.  It's not something I can understand. Either why a man would whack his partner nor why they would tolerate it.

Because like an idiot I believed him when he said it wouldn't happen again, he wore me down physically and mentally untill I actually believed I was so stupid I couldn't survive without him. It took many many years but one night something inside me snapped and I hit back....hard. Bars***d wore that black eye with pride and told everyone I had done it. None of the neighbours would even speak to me, nor several of our friends. That's the reason I moved away to the small farm cottage I have in Perth, plus all the bad memories lurking in that house. Old neighbours and ex friends have found out the truth since and tried to make things up, but I told them I didn't want to know. I am better off since I got a fresh chance to start my life over, they are part of a horrible painful past and I want to leave it behind.
I do know that if Dunc ever lifted his hands to me then I'd be gone, and I'd never go back.

Michael Rolls

I'm sure you have done the right thing - well done!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]