Eurovision

Started by Alex, May 09, 2023, 04:25:08 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

It's that time again, Saturday 13th May in Liverpool.   Sweden is the bookies favourite, I listened to it and thought it was dreadful - but what do I know ?  :cool:

Here's UK entry not quite as dreadful, it may even win  🐷🐷🐷

klondike

Cassandra

Doom-Brain garbage - horrible little biddy
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Horrible song..
Cassandra.. You use the word 'Biddy'.. I haven't heard that word spoken for many years..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

She hates Britain apparently and has applied for a German pass so she can go to live in Spain. She won't win anyway, the song is poor.

Poland is catchy but won't win, Poland is one of the naughty boys of Europe after all, and Hungary isn't even in it.   Germany gone totally verrückt with heavy metal racket AND in English !

Years ago I used to enjoy the Eurovision, but like lots of other things it's changed and not for the better.    My choice, as much as I hate to say it would be France.

1955vintage

The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Alex

Quote from: 1955vintage on May 09, 2023, 09:50:09 PMShoot me now.

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Feel free,  I won't mind talking to myself   :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Michael Rolls

glad to say I haven't watched it since 1967 (?) the year Cliff Richard represented the UK - and only watched then out of courtesy to our host and hostess.

May 10, 2023, 05:31:32 AM
oh I was forgetting - whilst not watching the actual contests, I have frequently listened to 'Waterloo' and watched 'Riverdance'
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

I used to quite enjoy it in the days when it felt like a proper competition, and some of the songs were actually quite good. Abba, Johnny Logan, Brotherhood of Man etc.  Can't work up much enthusiasm now.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

It seemed to become politicised so I lost interest entirely. Musically it rarely appealed to me. Shame I'm still funding it...

https://www.gbnews.com/entertainment/fury-as-eurovision-song-contest-to-be-funded-by-31m-subsidy-from-british-taxpayers-why-are-we-paying-for-this-bull/448515#:~:text=But%20the%20BBC%20%2D%20itself%20funded,year%20history%20of%20the%20contest.

FURY erupted today as it emerged British taxpayers will pay up to £31million to fund this year's Eurovision Song Contest.

The Government confirmed it will subsidise the event in Liverpool in May, with a direct £10m payment from income tax payers.

But the BBC - itself funded by the public licence fee - will contribute up to £17million while local authorities in Merseyside have also pledged a further £4m in taxpayer funding.

It is believed to be the highest public contribution in the 67-year history of the contest.

Meanwhile the other 37 national broadcasters taking part will contribute an average of just £135,000 each.

Scrumpy

I never watch it.. I did like Sam Ryder's  Spaceman ..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

If I remember correctly, this all started when the eurovision link was first built and nobody had any use for it.

Alex

European Broadcasting has blocked Zelenskyy from making an address at the Eurovision Song Contest tomorrow.

klondike

Probably as well. Try as he may I think he might mention the war....

Alex

Anti-Brexit campaigners will be handing out EU flags at Eurovision 2023 this weekend which they want the audience to wave throughout the event.

The pro-EU 'Liverpool for Europe' group has got 75,000 EU flags, which they hope to bring into Liverpool Arena.

The group hopes to turn Eurovision into an "anti-Brexit propaganda coup."

Daily Express