Main Menu

Cats

Started by klondike, May 08, 2023, 09:49:56 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Are cats really the trouble they seem to be?

I thought they were pretty much feed and forget but recently about 50% of the posts which get sent to my gmail from the neighbours app seem to be about missing cats, cat bodies spotted in the roadside and unknown cats prowling people's gardens.

I have just set a filter to delete anything from there containing the word cat

Scrumpy

I belong to a local NEXDOOR.. It is the same.. So many cat tails..
 'Is this your cat' ?  'Missing Tom'.. 'Dead cat' 
 They do talk about dogs too.. 
'I picked up a dog that was roaming in the park.. I couldn't see the owner so I took it home'.. 'Dog walking along main road'
This is all good.. I have seen some beautiful dogs that have bee found roaming.. Poor little things.. Some have been dumped by those that have stolen them.. If only animals they could speak..
We have a skinny ginger tom that walks around this area.. He even pops into the Co-op.. He is the most talked about cat on NEXTDOOR.. People worry about him.. He is fine.. He has a lovely caring home.. He is just skinny and old..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

1955vintage

They crap in my garden, especially the newly dug border.    :yell:
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

Perhaps you should install a cat flap. Then they could crap in your house.  :grin:

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on May 08, 2023, 09:49:56 AMI have just set a filter to delete anything from there containing the word cat
But will that stop you from hearing about Mrs Slocombe's pussy?

Alex

There is a cat who lives next to Cheshire Oaks who has his own Facebook page. Unfortunately Gimli has gone missing.   So many visitors come from far and wide to the Oaks, the owner is worried he's been taken by someone who may think he's a stray, or he's jumped in a car and could be anywhere..  It's worrying 😟

Cassandra

My late wife bred Birman's, beautiful creatures and I had a brown Burmese at the time we met. Must have been a 'midperson' to at least 50 kittens over the years? I'd have a cat tomorrow and perhaps I will here as the plot is large. We lost three to road kills and I just couldn't take that terrible sorrow now.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Such a pretty cat..
 One of my cats was run over by a car.. on  a neighbours drive way.. Heartbreaking..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

Our very spoilt baby does not go out of the front door but just goes into the back garden and occasionally into a neighbouring garden.
We got him during lockdown and he is terrified of everyone except the two of us.

Alex

Quote from: Cassandra on May 09, 2023, 06:06:40 PMMy late wife bred Birman's, beautiful creatures and I had a brown Burmese at the time we met. Must have been a 'midperson' to at least 50 kittens over the years? I'd have a cat tomorrow and perhaps I will here as the plot is large. We lost three to road kills and I just couldn't take that terrible sorrow now.
[/

She is soooooooooooooooooooo beautiful 💕 

This was my boy George, just a rescue moggie but I loved him dearly.

Michael Rolls

lovely creatures - my first wife and I had cats, one of which, after being hit by a car, managed to get back to our garden to die. Very sad.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]