Get the bunting out..

Started by Scrumpy, May 01, 2023, 09:36:04 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

According to the BBC weather forecast for Saturday there's a good chance of rain from 08:00 onwards throughout the rest of the day.  :clap:  

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Not much adulation from the football fans at Anfield as, to the tune of "she'll be coming round the mountains"  they sang 'You can stick yer coronation up yer arse'  but it was only from one section of the crowd.  :boo:

dextrous63

Quote from: Alex on May 04, 2023, 01:32:09 AMNot much adulation from the football fans at Anfield as, to the tune of "she'll be coming round the mountains"  they sang 'You can stick yer coronation up yer arse'  but it was only from one section of the crowd.  :boo:
Was that where Harry was sitting?  :yay:

Alex

klondike

I'll leave that to Phil I think.

Alex

Diasi

It was strange that for many years both the team & the manager had names that started with Arse.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: Diasi on May 03, 2023, 09:48:53 PMAccording to the BBC weather forecast for Saturday there's a good chance of rain from 08:00 onwards throughout the rest of the day.  :clap: 

I don't get it...
Why on earth would you be happy if it rains!!
People have organised many events across the country..
Street parties.. fetes.. Children delighted to be dressing up..
So many things going on..
We have been through an Epidemic.. Fuel and cost of living crisis.. Chaos in Parliament..  
Even if our celebrations are about enjoying ourselves and not really about a Coronation why would anyone be happy to see rain!!
I would rather see the country celebrating a new Monarch then being downtrodden by a dictator.. That would certainly give people something to moan about..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Well yesterday was a good start.

I reckon the thread title might need changing to Get the Packamacs out. Lol  :grin:
[email protected]

Scrumpy

The rain doesn't stop them coming.. The trains and tubes are heaving.. 
 We , as a country , do pomp and ceremony like no other.. People come from all over the world to be part of it..
 I know some do not like it.. They would be happy with a dictator.. a WEALTHY one..  Be careful what you wish for.. Change isn't always for the best..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 06, 2023, 09:22:30 AMThe rain doesn't stop them coming.. The trains and tubes are heaving..
 We , as a country , do pomp and ceremony like no other.
And an absolute snip for the tax payers at only £250 million!  :wtf: :boo:
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

it rained last time, as well!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

1955vintage

With TV rights and foreign visitors, we will make a profit out of the Coronation, like we did when the Queen's funeral and Jubilee went across the world.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Alex

And not a bloody pot hole in sight  !!! :yahoo:

klondike