Get the bunting out..

Started by Scrumpy, May 01, 2023, 09:36:04 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Our road is being closed next Sunday because of a street party..
Many roads around here are doing the same..
I think people have been so pissed off with Covid.. Boris.. Truss.. Putin.. that ANYTHING that gives them a reason to celebrate is welcome..
Charles has a hard act to follow.. and silly Harry doesn't help.. I feel for him.. 
Will I be out celebrating.!!  I'll see what the weather is like.. Fortunately I live on a bend.. my mate lives slap bang in the middle.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Many roads around here have closed off sections due to alleged roadworks (despite there being no sighting of anyone actually carrying out the works for weeks/months on end).

I think we might end up getting out the bunting and having street parties to celebrate the completion of the works!!

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 01, 2023, 09:36:04 AMI live on a bend
Are you completely round the bend or only partly round the bend?  :grin:

No chance of my road being closed as it's one of the main routes into the town.

Alex

I don't think I'll be watching, the Queen is a hard act to follow.  Perhaps Charles, who is knocking on by the way, should have stepped aside for William to become king ?

Scrumpy

There is nothing else to watch Alex.. Married at First Sight would have ended..

Alex

Get out and about if it's nice, we can watch telly anytime :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Scrumpy

You can't.. You don't have a license..

klondike

Quote from: Alex on May 01, 2023, 11:29:14 AMPerhaps Charles, who is knocking on by the way, should have stepped aside for William to become king ?
They don't do it that way. He spent all his life waiting for his turn. Edward VII did the same. William will be no spring chicken when his turn comes around. For some reason the Holy Father is never in much of a hurry to meet the leaders of his churches.

Alex

Quote from: klondike on May 01, 2023, 11:41:12 AMThey don't do it that way. He spent all his life waiting for his turn.

Yes I know, but he's supposed to be forward thinking, modernising the RF etc.  Nothing to stop him standing aside.

klondike

Except he wants his turn. 

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on May 01, 2023, 11:41:12 AMFor some reason the Holy Father is never in much of a hurry to meet the leaders of his churches.
I think that the Big G Boss has protracted negotiations with Boyo Lucifer to try and persuade him to have them downstairs with him.

Scrumpy

Whoever is King or Queen of this country makes little difference..
It could be worse.. We could have a Putin .. or some Muslim..
Anyway, it's part of our heritage.. and when the royals go that will be the end of it..

Diasi

As a member of Republic I won't live to see the end of the Monarchy but I predict that it will end in the not too distant future.

A survey has shown that 65% of the UK support the Monarchy, but the majority of this 65% are over the age of 65 by strange coincidence.

By using the percentage by age formula it's estimated that if the same survey was done in 10 years time the support would be around 35%, which would still include many of today's over 65s.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

I think it would be useful to see how the figures have changed over time.

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 02, 2023, 08:56:35 AMWhoever is King or Queen of this country makes little difference..
It could be worse.. We could have a Putin .. or some Muslim..
Anyway, it's part of our heritage.. and when the royals go that will be the end of it..

Just because it's part of our heritage is no reason to keep it, just like the slave trade was part of our heritage & was abolished.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]