Turning off the Phone Alerts.

Started by Raven, April 21, 2023, 07:33:25 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on April 24, 2023, 03:31:22 PMI am on the 3 network, which apparently didn't get the alert -DOOMED again
There are some other services that don't work on the 3 network, as I found out when I got a 3 SIM card for our intruder alarm & had to get a refund.

It was a shame as it gave us the best signal, but I think it's something to do with the frequencies they use.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

morty

Quote from: Sheila on April 24, 2023, 09:55:44 AMPaul thinks that my phone is 3G and that's why I didn't get an alert.  Inferior again!

Same here ... mine is a 3G .... and apparently not many providers still use that one and have moved on to 4G and 5G.
So my little black friendly phone's days are numbered.
I'm with Tesco and they use O2s gizmos and gadgetry.

Michael Rolls

wish I understood more about all this - but bring back the quill pen and the small buy bearing messages in a forked stick are my ultimate solution
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Michael Rolls on April 24, 2023, 07:15:47 PMand the small buy bearing messages in a forked stick 
No crappy autocorrupt with those either  :grin:

dextrous63

Why can't we have beacon fires across the country instead?  Far nicer.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Alex

And think of the toasted crumpets  :grin:

dextrous63

We could have pigs roasting on spits

Alex

Scrumpy

I could put a candle in the widow..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

Just looked at the clip about it on the BBC News  site. It went off a minute early - if they can't even get the time right......  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
[email protected]