And worth every penny!

Started by Michael Rolls, April 23, 2023, 05:44:44 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

From the latest edition of the Tax Payers Alliance's Council officers 'Rich List' , apparently in 2021/22 at least 2,759 council officers received over £100,000, of whom 721 received (I find it hard to write 'earned') over £150,000. Topping list?

>>>Topping the table as the UK's highest remunerated council employee was the managing director of Guildford council who raked in a jaw-dropping £607,633! In Sunderland, the executive director of neighbourhoods got £573,550 whilst in Scotland, North Lanarkshire's executive director (enterprise and communities) took home £536,530. <<<

And why they say 'at least', when the list was compiled 47 councils had yet to publish their accounts, missing the legal deadline of 31/7/22

Next time you wonder why there is no money to repair potholes, etc........
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

They've got money to block roads up and make us drive a long way round. If they find the air is more polluted it's their fault.

By the way it's not only their salary, they also get rather  good pensions. A third of council tax pays for their pensions.

morty

I must stop reading this kind of stuff ... it just makes me sick.  :waiting:

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on April 23, 2023, 05:44:44 PMFrom the latest edition of the Tax Payers Alliance's Council officers 'Rich List' , apparently in 2021/22 at least 2,759 council officers received over £100,000, of whom 721 received (I find it hard to write 'earned') over £150,000. Topping list?

>>>Topping the table as the UK's highest remunerated council employee was the managing director of Guildford council who raked in a jaw-dropping £607,633! In Sunderland, the executive director of neighbourhoods got £573,550 whilst in Scotland, North Lanarkshire's executive director (enterprise and communities) took home £536,530. <<<

And why they say 'at least', when the list was compiled 47 councils had yet to publish their accounts, missing the legal deadline of 31/7/22

Next time you wonder why there is no money to repair potholes, etc........
I got this my email box today, just to cheer me up.

It's the £100,000 +, non-job Equal Opps, Diversity Officer wastes-of-space that really piss me off
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Everything is broken.

There will be council elections soon in many places and a General election in less than two years. We will all hear them tell us how they are doing a wonderful job in difficult circumstances that are certainly not of their making and the other lot simply have no clue and would be an utter disaster.

Votes will be cast and counted and there will either be new leaders or the original ones affirmed in another term of office. After that nothing whatsoever will change for the better but if we are really lucky the decline may slow by some miniscule but doubtless unnoticeable amount.

Cassandra

Just remember your frustrations generally and stay at home next Thursday, May the 4th. (local elections).The Londoncentric mob of Greenlib Waitrose Tories at Westminster will soon get the message

Woke = no £85k + job next year - watch the changes!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...