I should damn well think so

Started by Michael Rolls, April 16, 2023, 08:41:35 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Plans for new 'smart' motorways have been scrapped. That's the good news - the bad news is that they intend to continue with the existing ones with additional refuge points

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65288852
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Wonderful idea, like you carry on testing with the 'live' bullets, whilst we stop making blanks ...

What a shower of completely arrogant berks they are ...

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

I really don't like them. Started out as a cost cutting idea but I'm sure is unpopular with many.

Raven

Doubt I would have used them, back roads for me if they came into use.  :waiting:

klondike

The section of M1 I use to visit #1 daughter is completed now. I came back along the A5 instead - a much more relaxing drive than going as it was all lanes pretty much full going for some reason.

Alex

I've had one 'escapade' on a smart motorway, my own fault, but never again. :rolleyes:

JBR

I agree.  A cost-cutting exercise, but of course governments always try to look as if they're saving money, yet throw it away on nonsensical ideas like HS2.

Pledging to not build any more 'smart' motorways is one thing (which I'll believe when I see it - there is an imminent election, of course), but when will they restore all the hard shoulders they have already removed?

Oh, of course.  They want to reduce travelling times and congestion.  Well, I'd rather be stuck in a traffic jam than be broken down in the (ex-hard shoulder) waiting for an HGV to come and wipe me out.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]