No tongues...

Started by Scrumpy, April 11, 2023, 12:08:02 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

The Dalai Lama  .. Spiritual leader.  Kissed a young boy on the mouth and asked the child to  'Suck my tongue'..
  I wonder what was going on there.. !!  He later apologised .. so he obviously thought he had done something wrong..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

I've seen a photo.  Wrong.  Wrong.  Wrong.

dextrous63

Don't tell Brian.

Maybe the Dalai was going through a Catholic phase.

klondike

morty

It made me cringe just watching it .... surely he must be savvy enough to realise how it makes him look.
Enough is said about  Biden creepily stroking girl's hair without asking a lad to ugh.

klondike

Perhaps it's a religion thing. Given the reputation of Catholic priests I can't see they have much room to criticise.

morty

It seems his supporters say it is been misinterpreted ... 

In Tibet, sticking out the tongue is a traditional greeting that goes back to the 9th century. 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7evaw/dalai-lama-suck-my-tongue-video-tibet-china

Mind, there's a bit of a difference between sticking out a tongue and sucking it.

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

dextrous63

Altogether now....

Getting to know you,
Getting to know all about you 🎼🎤

klondike

"Tibet's exiled spiritual leader has often courted controversy for his off-the-cuff jokes that his supporters say are "lost in translation."

I can relate to that. Plenty of mine suffer the same fate or just go whistling right over folks heads

morty

You wear a wig..right? And yours have just blown away?

klondike

See. Another post misunderstood.  :cry:

A tumbleweed was always shown after one of Vic Reeves jokes fell flat (which they always did) on the totally looney Shooting Stars show.

dextrous63

I think Morty knew that.  Quid pro quo on the joke going over one's head  :nooo:

klondike

She likely did but you never know.

For the record I have a full head of hair apart from a little threadbare patch on top. I have so far been unable to locate the guarantee among my parents papers.

dextrous63