Pension Rise.

Started by Raven, April 05, 2023, 03:51:56 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

I knew my pension is less than the new one but wasn't aware that the increases are fiddled with too.  :boo:

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on April 05, 2023, 03:51:56 AMI thought we were getting a pension rise in April? Just checked my bank app to see how it feels to be rich, and no pension rise. Got exactly the same as I have all last year. :boo:  :cry:

The 'rise' (what a joke) actually applies from the beginning of the UK 'fiscal' year April the 6th Raven, so you should get it next week. Have you not had a letter detailing the break down yet?
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Raven

No Cass, I get a few of these letters from various sources. But nothing from them.

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on April 05, 2023, 03:51:56 AMI thought we were getting a pension rise in April? Just checked my bank app to see how it feels to be rich, and no pension rise. Got exactly the same as I have all last year. :boo:  :cry:
Well of course you haven't.

The pension rise is paid from the first Monday after the 6th April which is the 10th April this year & it's only the 5th April today.

It was explained in the first line, after the heading, of the letter I received from the DWP on the 25th February.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on April 05, 2023, 06:31:03 AMmine is four weekly, so 13 payments on a year (bonus is that one month each year gets two payments!). With you paid weekly and Wednesday being the fifth, I would have thought that it would have been two days at the old rate, five at the new, unless they are paying in arrears so that today's payment reflects the week to last Wednesday, the 29th of March?
The fiscal year for all Government expenditure & income runs from the 6th April to the 5th April each year.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

Maybe in a letter you got Diasi, but I have not had a letter from them. So no explanations from anyone.

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on April 05, 2023, 04:51:03 PMMaybe in a letter you got Diasi, but I have not had a letter from them. So no explanations from anyone.
It's the same every year, the first Monday on or after the 6th April so in 2024 it'll be Monday 8th April & in 2025 it'll be Monday 7th April.

In 2026 it'll be on the 6th April as the 6th April is a Monday.
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Diasi on April 05, 2023, 05:06:56 PMIt's the same every year, the first Monday on or after the 6th April so in 2024 it'll be Monday 8th April & in 2025 it'll be Monday 7th April.

In 2026 it'll be on the 6th April as the 6th April is a Monday.

Ok, thanks.

Diasi

My State Pension has been paid a day early this month as Friday, when it's normally paid, is a Bank Holiday.
[email protected]

klondike

Think of all that extra interest you'll earn  :rolleyes:

Diasi

[email protected]