Advise please.

Started by Scrumpy, April 05, 2023, 05:55:58 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

My landline is a Panasonic cordless consisting of three pieces..
One is the phone/answering machine.. plus two separate phones.
I need to replace one of the added phones..
I have checked on the model number but that number doesn't seem to be available..
Is it possible that I can add (any) Panasonic cordless..?
They all look the same..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

It could be worth trying freecycle or your local facebook page to see if anyone has one that they don't use any more.

Alex

Have you tried e-mailing Panasonic directly Scrumps  ?

klondike

Some DECT phones can be paired with any handset but others come pre-paired and are not capable of pairing with any others. If you still have your user guide or can find one online for your phone model take a look in it to see if there are any instructions on pairing a handset. If there aren't then you won't be able to get one to work at all. If there are then any other full DECT phone should work with yours - the problem will be finding one that will.

Typical instructions but probably not for your specific phone
https://support.8x8.com/equipment-devices/phones/panasonic/pairing-panasonic-dect-phone-to-base-unit

Scrumpy

Thank you...
What a carry on.. So many different model numbers.. Not compatible ..
I shall cope with just two phones.. They just want customers to spend their money..

klondike

If you can't pair a phone to the set that you have then even another of the same model won't work. If you can then any pairable DECT handset will work with it. What is the model number?

Scrumpy

The model number is
KX-TG7323EG... 

April 06, 2023, 10:14:05 AM
It does my head in trying to sort it.. Not my thing at all..

klondike

This looks like it's the right manual as it's on the list on the header page. Looks like the 3 is because it came originally with 3 handsets. It says it can work with up to 6.

https://www.nodevice.com/service-manuals/communications/panasonic/kxtg7321eg/493212

It has instructions in it for registering a handset with the base so it looks to me like any pairable DECT handset would work with it. Might be just as cheap to get a new set though.

Diasi

It's been discontinued for a long time so it's not likely that you'll get an exact replacement handset.

But as Klondike has said, most DECT phones should work with your system.

We have a 4 cordless phone system to which we added a 5th of another type & it works fine.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Thank you all very much for your help..
I think I will get a new set.. 
They are not too expensive and easy to install..
I hope...

klondike

You'll need to set up the directory again but should be once only and copy to the other handsets. It's all usually easy enough. If you are buying new then it is probably worth having some with built in "Call Guardian" which challenges any caller ID that isn't in your directory to announce themselves. That alone beats most of the autodialers. 

I've got two sets I never use as I don't have a landline any more.

Scrumpy

Ok.. I will remember to buy one with built in Call Guardian.. 
 If you lived around the corner I would buy one of your sets.. Better still, I would let you install it.. Sorted..

klondike

What went wrong with the handset you say needs replacing?

Scrumpy

It just stopped working.. I checked batteries.. I tried the phone on another stand.. Nothing..

April 06, 2023, 07:09:52 PM
I have ordered another set..