Thank you Vodafone

Started by klondike, March 20, 2023, 04:31:57 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

My broadbsnd contract came to an end. They wanted about £5 more. I wanted £5 less - close to what new customers pay. We couldn't agree. I become a new customer with BT today at about £5 less for a similar product.

I fully expect to be a new customer with somebody else in a  couple of years. When I do it will be yet another install  visit, new optical terminator box and new router which must cost the ISP at least £100 all in. Totally bonkers.  Had they offered the new customer deal I'd have needed none of that.

When I called Vodafone to terminate my understanding  was that it would be shut off at midnight today. The gits turned it off at about 0:30 today. When I asked Google the time I was told the Internet was down and checked. Now I'm annoyed and need to wind down before I go back to sleep so I'm using my phone.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Been and eventually gone. It took an absolute age. I couldn't use the BT hub as it is simplified to the point I can't tell it to use my PiHole for the DNS so would have to put up with adverts. I'm using the router I used to use when I was on Virgin Media. Luckily it works ok so I don't have to flash the plastic.

What a way to earn a crust...