Artificial Tears

Started by Alex, March 17, 2023, 10:30:12 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

After eye surgery some years ago, I had to use different drops for a few weeks. You'd never imagine they could do harm. Those poor people.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

How awful for them  :cry: It will also make me very uneasy next time my eyes are tested. Nothing my guy likes more than popping drops into my eyes.  :cry:

Sheila

Oh dear, do I show this to Paul?  He had a cataract operation a couple of weeks ago and also has dry eye so has been using two different eye drops.  Being a man, he's a big wimp.  (Ducking down behind the sofa)

klondike

I have dry eye problems and was prescribed Evolve HA drops. They are supposed to be discarded 30 days after opening and the bottle has about 200 drops so could last longer if only used infrequently.
Ingredients
Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Chloride, Boric Acid, Borax and Water for injections.

I also buy some stronger stuff called Celluvisc which comes in individual doses. I've added a picture to show what  what I mean by that - its little plastic squeezy things that you use then discard.
The active ingredient is carmellose sodium 5 mg/ml.
The other ingredients are sodium chloride, sodium lactate, potassium chloride, calcium chloride dihydrate, magnesium chloride hexahydrate and purified water.

The report says that the problems were caused by bacterial contamination. I wonder if it may have been using stuff that should have been thrown out rather than contamination at source.
The picture of the box in the report says the ingredients are
boric acid
potassium chloride
sodium chloride
calcium chloride dihydrate
magnesium chloride
sodium chlorite
sodium hydroxide
water       

All very simple inorganic compounds