School visit..

Started by Scrumpy, November 22, 2022, 12:03:18 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

As a very young child I remember our class visiting.. wait for it  !!! ... the Gas Works..!!
We saw the two big round giants and looked at them with awe.. I was very excited..
My children went to Switzerland.. and interesting places in London.. Costing a bomb.. We let them go because their friends were going..

Can you think of the (exciting) places that you visited with the school.. ?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Nope, our school didn't do things like that. :boo:

1955vintage

The only place I went to was detention.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Alex

The only places I can remember is a trip to some 'holy well' in north Wales and of course they took us all to see Paddy's Wigwam when it opened over the water in Liverpool  :grin:
There were trips to France, but my Mum and Dad could never afford them.  It wasn't so bad, because there were two or three of us at this posh school, so we stuck together.  :upvote:

Ashy

The school visits I remember best were visits to local factories to see them making various things. Today you'd have to go to China to see them.

Scrumpy

We went to the Majestic cinema to watch some Shakespeare stuff ..  Didn't understand a bloody word..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

We went to Edinburgh castle when I was at primary school. I have some photos somewhere, I think I'm sitting on Mons Meg.

That's a cannon, not a schoolmate.  :grin:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

All I recall is a trip to a little hotel in a small  French town or village. Nothing from it sticks in my mind other than the name of the place Les Sables d'Olonne

Michael Rolls

my schools didn't do trips  :boo:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Jacqueline

Quote from: Michael Rolls on November 22, 2022, 08:22:04 PMmy schools didn't do trips  :boo:
Oh Mike, you poor deprived child!!!

It could have been worse for you though, I can remember the nuns taking us to see King or Kings at the cinema, had to be religious films of course.  And one year we went to the Dairy Show at Olympia a non religious day out. 

When my daughter was at school after we moved to north Devon in the 1980's, I used to volunteer to go on trips with them, I was allocated 6 kids to look after.  Their class  wanted to go Ice Skating nearest rink was Bristol, then after to the theatre.  Most people got back to the coach at the allotted time, all my lot were present and correct, but there were two girls missing, we sat on the coach for ages waiting, no mobile phones back then.  One of the teachers went off to contact the police only to find them at the police station, they had been caught shoplifting and waiting for someone to claim them.  We did make the theatre though.

Ashy

klondike

A school geography trip my son had in Snowdonia lodging in a youth hostel earned one of his teachers a nickname that lasted several years at least. Skidder. Apparently something to do with his underpants....  :grin: