A bloody shambles..

Started by Scrumpy, October 18, 2022, 01:26:22 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on October 19, 2022, 07:28:00 AMI'm going to try not to waste any of my shrinking grey matter on the current mayhem that is UK politics, instead I'll concentrate on the good things in my life.
It's bit difficult for me to do that when the current mayhem could well cost me £thousands.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I try to avoid the news and any press reports on this sad state of affairs.. That is very difficult at the moment because it's in your face wherever you look..
 Nothing surprises me anymore where politics are concerned..
All I know is that my bloody lap top is playing up and It looks like it will have to be replaced.. bugger..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Scrumpy

My laptop takes an age to connect to the internet.. and when it does the screen is not very bright..  I was wondering if there was a poor connection with the lead..  Would that make any difference..?  I have patched the lead up with a bit of sticky tape,, 

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 19, 2022, 09:55:42 AMMy laptop takes an age to connect to the internet.. and when it does the screen is not very bright..  I was wondering if there was a poor connection with the lead..  Would that make any difference..?  I have patched the lead up with a bit of sticky tape,,
Is the power light on & does it show as charging?
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Can't you adjust the screen brightness? 
Which lead have you bodged up? If it is the power lead it won't affect connect time but could be a problem in other ways and isn't something I'd really recommend.

Scrumpy

The power light keeps blinking on and off..
 I have no idea about brightness.. It was ok yesterday..
Perhaps I need a new power lead.. That is the one I have  'bodged up'..

Michael Rolls

scrumpy
most laptops allow you to adjust screen brightness by the use of two of the function keys - on this one F6 makes the screen darker, F7 makes it brighter
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Ashy

Some laptops dim the screen when they are running on battery.

If you have taped up the power lead we may assume it was damaged.

Either repair the lead or replace the whole external power supply.

klondike

Dim screen is probably because it is on battery as  Ashy suggests - that behaviour is in the power settings and I think it is the default. My screen brightness is controlled by function keys too F4 and F5 in my case - they have sun icons on them one snmaller than the other.

What happens when you run it with the charger in? Hovering the mouse over the battery icon in the taskbar should tell you how well charged it is. If it is close to full then the power lead and charger are probably OK but it really isn't a good ides to repair a power lead unless you know what you are doing.

None of that should influence how long it takes to connect though.

Diasi

Anyway, back on track, Liz Truss has just confirmed that the Triple Lock will be honoured, so I imagine the threat of some serious repercussions, sent from the local Party constituency meetings, has brought about this 11th hour decision.
[email protected]

klondike

Perhaps somebody reminded the pricks what percentage of Tory voters are Pensioners. It ain't rocket surgery.

Raven

I've had Politics day and night for months, and I'm sick to death of it.
Sick of the Labour not being Labour. :boo:
Sick of the Tories and their lies, fights, and broken promises. :wtf:
Sick of the SNP squawking about Independence and back to the EU. :boo:
Sick of the Greens and the Lib Dems, just because I don't agree with anything they say. :boo:

I'm not a Political Animal it bores me rigid, I feel like giving them all the thrashing I feel they richly deserve. :angry:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

[email protected]