I have convinced myself

Started by Michael Rolls, October 17, 2022, 08:45:00 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

that only doing the washing up twice a week lifts me from the ranks of idle slobs to saviours of the planet! :yay:  :yay:  :yay:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I would say I am too except I use a dishwasher  :nooo:

Raven

Jacqueline

I hate being in my kitchen, I hate all the jobs that happen in my kitchen including cooking, washing up, washing clothes etc. I only go in there to do what I have to do, make  a cup of coffee and get out. Will never understand this kitchen heart of the home rubbish, who want's these huge live in kitchens complete with sofa that need a lot of cleaning?  its a workplace. 

Would much rather be doing things in my sitting room, on the computer or out and about.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Silver Tabby

Oh dear, Jaqueline, I am just the opposite.  My kitchen is definitely my 'happy place' as I love to cook - have to admit I would not like a sofa in there though - very unhygienic.

klondike

I guess I can't sell you this then....

JBR

Quote from: klondike on October 17, 2022, 08:50:32 AMI would say I am too except I use a dishwasher  :nooo:
Marge cooks; I wash up.
But I, too, use the dishwasher.
The trouble is that the products of every day's cooking always completely fills the dishwasher.
How can I persuade the wife to use far fewer implements?
I'd much prefer only to have to fill the dishwasher every other day.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Sheila

Quote from: JBR on October 17, 2022, 03:02:58 PMMarge cooks; I wash up.
But I, too, use the dishwasher.
The trouble is that the products of every day's cooking always completely fills the dishwasher.
How can I persuade the wife to use far fewer implements?
I'd much prefer only to have to fill the dishwasher every other day.

Easy, you do the cooking.  Problem solved.

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on October 17, 2022, 12:32:53 PMYou'll never go to heaven! :grin:  :grin:

I know, 😏 I want to stay here as a ghost. Flit about where I want, like Marty Hopkirk in "Randall and Hopkirk Deceased" Do a bit of haunting of certain people. I HAVE A List. 📃 👻 😂

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Raven on October 17, 2022, 05:14:27 PMI know, 😏 I want to stay here as a ghost. Flit about where I want, like Marty Hopkirk in "Randall and Hopkirk Deceased" Do a bit of haunting of certain people. I HAVE A List. 📃 👻 😂

:upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I prefer the kitchen to the living room.. I can sit at the table on my laptop.. 
I can glance out of the window and see people walking by.. since the hedge has been cut down.. They can't see in though..
Just roasting some veg to have with pasta..
Washing up.. !!! I do it daily.. I very seldom use the dishwasher.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

last time I used the dishwasher was Christmas 2018 when I had a fair number of family here - it was our first Christmas after we lost Veronica. Most days, all my washing up is a fork, perhaps a knife, a cup and a wine glass
Mike
[email protected]

Alex

I've never had a dish washer, never felt the need tbh.