John Cleese

Started by Alex, October 10, 2022, 10:38:02 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Just read that John Cleese is joining GB News :shocked: I'm not sure what he'll bring to the channel.

klondike

Me neither. There is a comedy panel thing they put on but that really isn't Cleese. Most of the luvvies are as woke as hell but maybe he isn't.

Silver Tabby

Quote from: Alex on October 10, 2022, 10:38:02 PMJust read that John Cleese is joining GB News :shocked: I'm not sure what he'll bring to the channel.

Funny walks??

Ashy

JC is not woke in fact he's drifted away from comedy into staff training consultancy afaik

Alex

Working in Spain training waiters ? :tongue:

Ashy

He was running a consultancy business which was tilted towards public relations as far as I know.

Alex

JBR

Nigel Farage and now John Cleese?
To be honest, I find Farage to be an excellent and convincing speaker and, in all honesty, I am convinced that he would make a far better PM than any of those presently on offer.  It's a shame that he never obtained the support and following which he deserved, but then that's British politics!
After finding that he wasn't able to attract more votes in politics, who can blame him for attacking the subject from a different direction?
As for John Cleese, well, he's yet to be seen but I suspect that he is an intelligent man and may well provide further insights into GB News' reporting.
That channel, incidentally, is in my mind the least biased and most persuasive of all the news channels I have seen... especially the BBBC!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on October 17, 2022, 03:12:08 PMNigel Farage and now John Cleese?
To be honest, I find Farage to be an excellent and convincing speaker and, in all honesty, I am convinced that he would make a far better PM than any of those presently on offer.  It's a shame that he never obtained the support and following which he deserved, but then that's British politics!
After finding that he wasn't able to attract more votes in politics, who can blame him for attacking the subject from a different direction?
As for John Cleese, well, he's yet to be seen but I suspect that he is an intelligent man and may well provide further insights into GB News' reporting.
That channel, incidentally, is in my mind the least biased and most persuasive of all the news channels I have seen... especially the BBBC!

Completely agree GB news in my only UK News Source these days. The BBC is really The Guardian 'wireless service', full of lefties of every shade of Red.

Met with John Cleese, nearly forty years ago now at Lords during a Charity Cricket match for the 'Taverners'. A most charming and intelligent man, completely unselfish and a true pleasure to be with.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Cassandra.. You have met some interesting people .... 

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: klondike on October 17, 2022, 03:16:18 PMBlatent Bollucks Broadcasting Service?
No.  Simpler than that.
The Biased British Broadcasting Corporation.

This, of course, accurately describes how it operates these days.  An honest and trustworthy news organisation would be completely unbiased.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire