RIP Sidney Poitier

Started by GrannyMac, January 07, 2022, 07:10:10 PM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Groundbreaking actor, first black Oscar winner.  'They call me Mr. Tibbs'.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

Quote from: GrannyMac on January 07, 2022, 07:10:10 PM
Groundbreaking actor, first black Oscar winner.  'They call me Mr. Tibbs'.

Guess who's Coming to Dinner - a great presence and Charisma - Thank you Sidney.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Wandering Walter

Indeed a good actor  R.I.P

Scrumpy

Wonderful actor..
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner ? Great cast .. superb acting.. and of course as GrannyMac mentioned the words he spoke in The Heat of the Night 
'They call me Mister  Tibbs'
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 07, 2022, 08:00:07 PM
Wonderful actor..
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner ? Great cast .. superb acting.. and of course as GrannyMac mentioned the words he spoke in The Heat of the Night 
'They call me Mister  Tibbs'

Strange that only yesterday I mentioned that my House-lady 'Diane' reminds me so much of 'Tillie' from Guess who's coming to dinner and then today he's gone - ships that pass in the night.

Alex

I liked him too a really good actor.  The film that I'll always remember is the one with Rod Steiger where Poitier plays a big city detective in the racist deep south.

Michael Rolls

In the Heat of the Night - isn't that were there is the 'They call me Mr. Potts' line originates
One of my favourite actors - he was also one of Veronica's
RIP
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Tibbs.. Potts !!!!!!!
Michael , you are a delight.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

1955vintage

Great actor, and part of my childhood/teenage years. His films gave me a simple belief that skin colour was irrelevant, he was not a great black actor, he was a great actor.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 08, 2022, 08:19:04 AM
Tibbs.. Potts !!!!!!!
Michael , you are a delight.
Would you believe, when I woke this morning, I found myself thinking - NO, not POTTS! TIBBs! But forgot to change the post to spare my blushes.
Quite by chance I watched a film of his on Netflix last night - 'Inside Man' - very good
Mike
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 08, 2022, 09:58:03 AM
Would you believe, when I woke this morning, I found myself thinking - NO, not POTTS! TIBBs! But forgot to change the post to spare my blushes.
Quite by chance I watched a film of his on Netflix last night - 'Inside Man' - very good
Mike

Diane, my housekeeper and I reached a joint agreement over this morning's coffee. In future, in tribute to our joint respect for Sir Sidney, she will be known in the home as 'Tillie' (from Guess who's coming to Dinner).

Michael Rolls

Lovely! I've just watched another of his films - The Jackal - with Bruce Willis playing the eponymous role - and looking most unusual with a full head of hair!
Mike
[email protected]

ME

Great actor and will be missed.

Brian45

theres folk dyin noo thar never died afore
ahm blamin the Covid, i'm no joinin the gemme
I know the voices aren't real but man do they come up with good ideas

Scrumpy

Quote from: Brian45 on January 10, 2022, 10:14:19 AM
theres folk dyin noo thar never died afore