Another computer problem!

Started by JBR, October 06, 2022, 09:11:51 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Having received some very helpful advice on here, perhaps I can stretch a point and see if anyone can help with yet another problem.
I have Google Calendar on this computer which is fine, except that it always opens on August.
I can change it to today quite easily, but would prefer it if it would automatically open on today's date.
Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Try Google there are various suggestions. It might be this one or alternately your clock may be wrong. How old is the computer? If it is well past the first flush the CMOS battery could  be flat which will lead to all sorts of problems.

https://support.google.com/calendar/thread/3692666/google-calendar-doesn-t-open-on-today-s-date?hl=en

JBR

Thanks very much for your help, but I think I have found the problem.
I opened 'Settings' in Chrome and looked for the tab settings (including Calendar), which still had the setting for August (some additional letters after the base address).  Having changed that, it now works correctly when Chrome is restarted.
I should have realised that changing the settings on the tab itself would make no difference, when the root settings were what needed changing as they are what determines what is loaded when Chrome is restarted.
You live and learn!
Thanks anyway for the welcome help.

klondike

I'm guessing that is the shortcut the Google solutions talk of. I don't use it so don't know.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on October 06, 2022, 10:41:18 PMI'm guessing that is the shortcut the Google solutions talk of. I don't use it so don't know.
Yes.  It makes sense now.